Fisher.jpg

Attachments

• Fisher.jpg
    Fisher.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Fisher.jpg
    Fisher.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
Is there a label on the back of the console with a model number or model name?

What are the model numbers on the tuner and amplifier chassis?

Also, does the tuner panel have a name on it?

Is the turntable a Miracord?

It looks more like a 1965 Custom Electra VIII in the Contemporary cabinet.

Also the Futura III has a different tuner panel and controls. It looks as if your console doesn't have a head phone jack on the tuner panel. The Custom Electra VIII does.

Look at the owners manual of both models on the Fisher Console web site: www.fisherconsoles.com to see the difference in the tuner panels and the tuner and amplifier chassis numbers.

Last edited:
I just got some additional info and all they could tell me is that "It's an Electra made in West Germany" My thinking is the seller doesn't know what it is.

If the turntable is a ELAC Miracord, the turntable was made in West Germany but the Fisher console was made in the USA. From your photo it looks like a ELAC Miracord turntable. Probably the model 10F. Miracord also made a model 10 and 10H. The model 10F was made for Fisher consoles. If the base of the turntable is white it is the model 10F. If the base of the turntable is gray it is the 10H model.

Again, I'll suggest you check out the Fisher Console web site and they will have pictures of the Custom Electra VIII and the Futura III. You can download the owner manuals for free and you will be able to see the difference between the two of them.

Last edited:
Jon hit it on the head. It's an Electra VIII (1965) with an Elac Miracord 10F. The Headphone Jack is to the left of the speaker selector knob (far left knob on bottom). The DIAL Bezel on the Futura is Narrower plus it has a DUAL Magic EYE tube(6G-E12A) at the top of the dial which the Electra never had. The Stereo light is a red lens just above the bottom of the dial on the Electra. The Cabinets are similar between the Futura III and the Electra, but the Futura III has decorative handles on the center doors. The legs match those of the Electra VIII. The Center Doors, ONLY the RIGHT hand one opens. It may have a push then let go type of magnetic catches.

The amp is a Hybrid. It will sound quite nice once the amp AND the x-overs are re-done. If the amp has 4 pot heads sticking up thru the chassis top, DON'T MESS WITH THEM in any way, shape or form. FRED SOOP has a work-around for them as they are the weak link in the bias network.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom