Fisher Console Website

Thank you for the "Sticky" status.

I didn't expect that.

As I said, the web site is a "work in progress". I put it together and purchased the www.fisherconsoles.com domain name. 99% of the information and data was from Red's web site.

The web site is an informational site and will not be selling anything.

Any information I can add will be added. For example, the operating manuals for the Custom Electra II and Custom Electra IV are posted on those pages. If I have time tonight, I will post the service manuals for the Custom Electra I and II. Any photographs I have of my consoles will be posted very soon.

If anyone has any pictures, manuals, schematics, etc. they want to submit I will post them and the person will receive full credit and acknowledgement for the submission.

I feel the Fisher Consoles are underated and this web site might help in promoting them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

The Fisher 401

I have a fisher console (model # 401) w turntable, cassette player & radio. Everything works and functions well except the radio. The reception needle has moved and I can hear static in the radio stations but before you know it I lose signal.

What is the problem? By the way....I went to the fisher website & I do not see a picture of my console.

I went to your website and did not find a console like mine. I have a console model 401. At least that's what it says on the turntable, but the radio says "Fisher Statesman" tune o matic

I have a fisher console (model # 401) w turntable, cassette player & radio. Everything works and functions well except the radio. The reception needle has moved and I can hear static in the radio stations but before you know it I lose signal.

What is the problem? By the way....I went to the fisher website & I do not see a picture of my console.

First, welcome to AudioKarma!

The thread you have posted in is about a website, and not about answering questions about specific models.

Please feel free to start a new thread in the Fisher Forum, and you may ask questions in that thread. If your console has a cassette deck, that would make it a newer one as compared to the older tube models. As always, pictures will help!:yes:

Absolutely a website worthy of a Sticky.

JonBoy and Red - excellent work and a terrific resource for all us Fisher fans!

Wow, Jon - instant Sticky status! I am very pleased with the site so for. I've always felt that my website was a bit clunky - this should be a huge improvement. Also, it's great that you're hosting your own data so you're not reliant on a third-party photo hosting site like mine is.

The new site has also prompted me to review a lot of the data I've accumulated; identify some errors and add some previously unknown Fisher consoles. I've also begun some serious research into Fisher's earlier mono consoles - so, hopefully, we'll eventually be able to piece together a much broader picture of Fisher's offerings from the Truman and Eisenhower eras.

Come to think of it, Jon, that might be a great way to divide up the different eras of Fisher consoles: by President. I never thought of looking at them that way but they do sort of fall into general groups by administration. You've got your pre-war FDR "inklings of high fidelity" Philharmonic consoles; your Truman "hi-fi genesis" early Fishers; your Eisenhower "golden years of mono" consoles; your Kennedy "dawn of stereo" consoles; your Johnson "transition to solid state" consoles and your Nixon era "over-the-top" and/or "down-the-drain" consoles.

Just a thought.

Wow, Jon - instant Sticky status! I am very pleased with the site so for. I've always felt that my website was a bit clunky - this should be a huge improvement. Also, it's great that you're hosting your own data so you're not reliant on a third-party photo hosting site like mine is.

The new site has also prompted me to review a lot of the data I've accumulated; identify some errors and add some previously unknown Fisher consoles. I've also begun some serious research into Fisher's earlier mono consoles - so, hopefully, we'll eventually be able to piece together a much broader picture of Fisher's offerings from the Truman and Eisenhower eras.

Come to think of it, Jon, that might be a great way to divide up the different eras of Fisher consoles: by President. I never thought of looking at them that way but they do sort of fall into general groups by administration. You've got your pre-war FDR "inklings of high fidelity" Philharmonic consoles; your Truman "hi-fi genesis" early Fishers; your Eisenhower "golden years of mono" consoles; your Kennedy "dawn of stereo" consoles; your Johnson "transition to solid state" consoles and your Nixon era "over-the-top" and/or "down-the-drain" consoles.

Just a thought.

Any ideas on how to display the information and data are welcome. As more data is added, I will probably have to break up the home page into more then one chart. I don't think visitors like having to scoll left to right.

Also, I have added Search Engine Meta Tags to the pages in hope that the various search engines will pick up the web site. The site was lauched on October 31, 2010 and so far only www.bing.com and www.yahoo.com (which are becoming one company) has picked it up. Nothing yet from Google. None of the search engines offer any guarantees on whether they will list any web site.

The Fisher Console web site has been updated to include models from 1966 and 1967. Thanks to Red for the information and data.

The home page has also been redesigned.

As always, anyone who makes submissions to the web site such as owners manuals, service manuals, schematics, and photographs will be given full acknowledgement for the submission.

Over the next few weeks I will be adding various owners and service manuals to the web site.

The following has been posted at www.fisherconsoles.com:

1. Futura III (F-50) Operating Instructions
2. Custom Electra VI (E-48) Service Manual
3. President VIII (8000) Service Manual
4. Diplomat D-38 Service Manual

More to follow.

Jon

Last edited:
More Fisher Console service manuals and owners manuals have been added to www.fisherconsoles.com.

Here is the complete list:

Service Manuals:

President V
President VIII
Executive II
Executive VII
Executive VIII
Executive IX
Custom Electra I
Custom Electra II
Custom Electra V
Custom Electra VI
Custom Electra VIII
Custom Electra E-491
Premier F-220
Futura IV
Futura VI
Philharmonic III
Diplomat I
Warwick W-59
Series 202

Owners Manuals:

Custom Electra II
Custom Electra III
Custom Electra IV
Warwick W-59
Futura III
Philharmonic IV
Ambassador IV
Series 560

Jon

The Fisher Console web site has been updated to include more service manuals, operating manuals, and schematics.

There are now 40 services manuals, 13 operating manuals, and 3 schematics.

If you donate a manual you will receive credit for the submission.

Check it out at www.fisherconsoles.com.

Here is the list. All can be downloaded at NO CHARGE!!

This is a list of Service Manuals available on this web site:

Allegro A-9 and A-19

Ambassador IV A-60

Ambassador V A-68

Consolette 510

Consolette 610

Coronet C-808

Coronet II C-55

Custom Electra I

Custom Electra II

Custom Electra III

Custom Electra IV

Custom Electra V

Custom Electra VI

Custom Electra VIII

Custom Electra E-491

Diplomat I

Executive II

Executive V

Executive VII

Executive VIII

Executive IX

Futura II F-210

Futura III F-50X

Futura IV

Futura VI

Living Theatre TV-66

Philharmonic P-22

Philharmonic III

Philharmonic IV P-29

Philharmonic V P-290

Premier F-220

President V

President VIII

Promenade 310

Regent 5000

Series 202

Statesman 1010

Statesman II S-70

Stereo Companion 560

Warwick W-59

LIST OF OWNERS MANUALS

This is a list of Owners Manuals available on this web site.

Allegro A-190

Ambassador III

Ambassador IV

Coronet II C-55

Custom Electra II

Custom Electra III

Custom Electra IV

Futura III

Philharmonic IV

Premier F-220

Series 510

Stereo Companion 560

Warwick W-59

LIST OF SCHEMATICS

This is a list of Schematics available on this web site.

Contemporary C-800 Schematic

Contemporary C-800 Parts List

Custom Electra VII E-49 Schema

More updates to come in the future.

Jon

Thanks for doing this site and keeping it going. I was able to get the hard to find service manual for my Electra IV.

Thanks for doing this site and keeping it going. I was able to get the hard to find service manual for my Electra IV.

I am happy to hear you were able to get the service manual for the Custom Electra IV.

By chance, tomorrow morning I am picking up a Custom Electra IV in Manhattan (NY) from the original owners! I'm not sure of the cabinet style but since it is being given to me it doesn't matter. I already have the Early American cabinet style.

The photo of mine can be seen on the web site at:

http://www.fisherconsoles.com/photographs/custom electra IV photographs.html

If you ever feel like submitting a photo of your model we will be glad to post it on the photograph page for that model.

Also, the Owners Manual is available if you need it.

Of course, all manuals on the web site are FREE for downloading.

Jonboy, I too have the Early American. Do you feel that the color of your photo is true? Yours seems much lighter and more yellow. The other photos of it seem to look like mine [inside, back] but the outside seems too light. I think I may have seen another light one here before?

Also I think there was a slight difference with an extra monitor or tape something in some photos compared to mine as well.

Love Fisher stuff. Have 3 pieces but only one console.

Back
Top Bottom