Fisher Console Website

Jonboy, I too have the Early American. Do you feel that the color of your photo is true? Yours seems much lighter and more yellow. The other photos of it seem to look like mine [inside, back] but the outside seems too light. I think I may have seen another light one here before?

Also I think there was a slight difference with an extra monitor or tape something in some photos compared to mine as well.

Love Fisher stuff. Have 3 pieces but only one console.

I think the outside photo of my Early American is probably lighter then the unit really is. It's just the way the sun hit it. The other photos are probably closer to the real outside color. I have about 10 photos of the unit but only posted 3 on the web site. Let me know if you need more information.

By the way, the other Custom Electra IV I picked up has the Modern Cabinet. Photos are posted on the web site.

The website is fantastic! I lost myself there for quite a while looking at every photo I could find of the superb vintage cabinets.

Fisher President VII

Thanks for posting your links on vintage stuff. I have handling my Mom's estate which includes a Fisher President VII console my Dad bought new in 1962. It has been stored unused for about 20 years in Anaheim California. All the orignial components are still in the unit. The Gerard turntable and reel-to-rell. I am not sure if it still is in working condition. The walnut cabinet is dusty but cleaned up great. Attached is a photo.
Doug

Attachments

• President 1963.jpg
    President 1963.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
The service manuals and schematics have been added for the Fisher R-200 tuner and the Fisher 400-CX-2 pre-amp. The tuner service manual is complete and the pre-amp has the schematic, parts list, and tube layout pages.

They are listed under the Fisher Regent II 6000 page.

www.fisherconsoles.com

Basket case 1962 Fisher Executive

So I popped and finally bought this Fisher Executive carcass. The photos online were much better than when it arrived. Finish had raised a little. I'm in the process of using 0000 steel wool and Restor-a-finish to lay the finish back down properly. If it doesn't turn out well, I'll remove the top layer of lacquer and apply some walnut stain to even out the finish and then reapply another layer of lacquer. If I would have known how this unit was treated, I probably wouldn't have purchased. :scratch2:Apparently the seller cannibalized the console for it's 800C. I knew this when I purchased it. They left the Garrard Type A and the Ampex 1250 R2R.

My main question is, do I try and hunt down an 800C for this unit or do I go a little more custom and just use my Marantz 2325 in its space until a later date. I'm new to the whole "posting" on Audiokarma so please forgive if I haven't posted correctly.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 50
fisher 800 c

how to re wire main transformer for Europe 220v to USA 110v with out changing transformer. is that possible?

:scratch2:

More manuals have been added to the Fisher Console web site:

ALL MANUALS ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOADING!

If you have any manuals to contribute to the site we will list you as the person donating the manuals.

Service Manuals:

Ambassador III A-920
Ambassador VI A-69
Ambassador VII A-690
Consolette 610
Contemporary II C-810 (R-30-S chassis)
Custom Electra III 420 (2 serial number versions)
Custom Electra VII E-490
Diplomat III D-390
Executive III & IV
Executive X E-970
Philharmonic V P-290
President III & IV
President X 9010
President 9011
Statesman III S-78

R-200 Tuner - used in many console models

Custom Electra VII E-490 Owners Manual

This is the complete list of Service Manuals available on this web site:

Allegro A-9 and A-19

Ambassador III A-920

Ambassador IV A-60

Ambassador V A-68

Ambassador VII A-690

Consolette 510

Consolette 610

Contemporary II C-810

Coronet C-808

Coronet II C-55

Coronet - R1 Chassis

Custom 60, 61, 65

Custom Electra I

Custom Electra II

Custom Electra III - 420 #20001-29999

Custom Electra III - 420 #30001-39999

Custom Electra III - 440

Custom Electra IV

Custom Electra V

Custom Electra VI

Custom Electra VIII 48WA 49IPA

Custom Electra VIII E-490

Custom Electra E-491

Diplomat I

Diplomat III D-390

Executive II

Executive III

Executive IV

Executive V

Executive VII

Executive VIII

Executive IX

Executive X

Futura II F-210

Futura III F-50X

Futura IV

Futura VI

Living Theatre TV-66

Philharmonic P-22

Philharmonic III

Philharmonic IV P-29

Philharmonic V P-290 (#20001-29999)

Philharmonic V P-290 (#30001-39999)

Premier F-220

President III & IV

President V

President VIII

President X 9010

President 9011

Promenade 310

Regent 5000

Regent II 6000 (R-200 & 400-CX-2 Manuals)

Series 202

Statesman 1010

Statesman II S-70

Statesman III S-78

Stereo Companion 560

Warwick W-59

LIST OF OWNERS MANUALS

This is a list of Owners Manuals available on this web site.

Allegro A-190

Ambassador III

Ambassador IV

Contemporary C-800

Coronet II C-55

Custom Electric E-491

Custom Electra II

Custom Electra III

Custom Electra IV

Custom Electra VII

Futura III

Futura V

Futura F-5593

Philharmonic IV

Premier F-220

President VIII

Series 510

Stereo Companion 560

Warwick W-59

LIST OF SCHEMATICS

This is a list of Schematics available on this web site.

Contemporary C-800 Supporting Documents

Contemporary C-800 Schematic

Contemporary C-800 Parts List

Custom Electra VII E-49 Schematic

LIST OF NON CONSOLE MANUALS

This is a list of component manuals for Fisher Consoles:

80-T Tuner

R-200 Tuner

Miracord 10 Turntable owners manaul

Webster 357 Record Changer

MORE TO FOLLOW

Fisher Console web site update. We now have approximately 250 service manuals, owner manuals, schematics, brochures, etc. on the web site for FREE downloading. And it's not only console stuff. We have about 140 service manuals for Fisher component equipment. Check it out at www.fisherconsoles.com.

You don't need to register to use the web site!

Also, we are always looking for uploads of manuals, etc.

Fisher Console web site update. We now have approximately 250 service manuals, owner manuals, schematics, brochures, etc. on the web site for FREE downloading. And it's not only console stuff. We have about 140 service manuals for Fisher component equipment. Check it out at www.fisherconsoles.com.

You don't need to register to use the web site!

Also, we are always looking for uploads of manuals, etc.

FYI anyone who might visit www.fisherconsoles.com ...... if you click on the link, the account has been suspended. WHY?

...hope it's a temporary suspension. I just picked up a 1967 Fisher Statesman. I really appreciate that website.

Uh-oh. This isn't good.

Edit: Sent a pm to jonboy and an email to Carter. Larry, do you know anything?

Last edited:
I was about to say I had sent an email to Jonboy55 on Sunday, along with TheRed1, but hadn't heard anything back. Didn't expect to really. Jon's post above answered the question.

On the Fisher Console web site we have mostly illustrations of the various consoles and post photographs when someone sends them into us. I don't just take photographs off of other web sites and post them (at least I don't remember doing so). Photographs of the actual console will give the visitor to the web site an actual view of the console that the illustrations don't. If anyone wants to donate photographs of their console to post on the web site we will be happy to say who donated them and with their name, email, etc. if they want to us too. It's the choice of the person who donates the photograph(s). We don't make money off the web site and all the service manuals and owners manuals are available for free downloading. The manuals have either been donated by collectors or by myself. Sometimes I've purchased manuals just to place them on the web site. The only way I benefit from the web site is if someone contacts me and asks if I'm interested in buying a console or as the other day when they just want to get rid of it.

Also, if you have a Fisher Console that is not listed on the web site let us know and we will make a listing for it and if you request we will say who donated the information.

By the last count, we have listed 73 Console service manuals, 28 owners manuals, 3 schematics (when the service manual is not available), 129 owners manuals and service manuals for separate Fisher components, and a couple of Fisher brochures and catalogs. Again, all for free downloading.

Some of the manuals we listed are for non Fisher components that have been used in Fisher Consoles such as Webster or Garrard turntables.

By the way, there is a person who copied most of the service manuals and owners manuals from the Fisher Consoles web site a few years ago and made 2 CD's and is selling it on ebay. One CD is for the consoles and the other is for the separate components. I am not that person.

Back
Top Bottom