Fisher fans - SS model question

eb2jim

Just a quick question on Fisher stuff. I have the handbook and some brochures from 1963 and 1964, right when Fisher introduced their solid state units. It seems that they did not consider it a big deal to have AM on their receivers and tuners right away, with it being a feature on the R200 tube, and not much else. What was the first Fisher solid state tuner to feature AM and FM bands? Did they make a solid state variant of the R200-B with short wave bands?

Thanks!

I thought they might be, as these were introduced in the mid 60s. Without having any old catalogs, or much of that on the net, it seems that Fisher did not offer a conventional solid state am/fm tuner until much later, and that they did not include it on the newer mid 60s designs unless they were carrying over the older hybrid variants of the 200.

There was a period of quite a few years, from the end of the tube era until the late '70s, when Fisher had no AM tuners at all, other than the 200-B. Btw, all of the catalogs, etc., that I have refer to it as "Solid-State", although it gives no details about circuit specifics.

By 1980 they were once again making AM/FM tuners, usually as part of rack systems. The 1980 catalog lists five different AM/FM tuners.

Back
Top Bottom