Fisher FM-200B Lights up signal meter working but no output?

escorial

Hi,
Just bought this and it was serviced at one point what was done I do not have in front of me

Well turned it on and the signal meter works, the 3 lamps on the front seem to work as they should.

Tried moving the input cables from the tuner to the aux 2 on the amp to see if it was a amp swifch issue but nope still nothing.

If I move the selector switch on the tuner I do head normal click noise through the speakers.

It seems the the transformer is cool would that be normal? If it was a bad transformer would the unit even turn on?

Any ideas? Perhapa bad tube?

Last edited:
I also just purchased one of these tuners, mine is working and sounding excellent. If you can eliminate any connection issues and have adjusted the volume control on the front, you might try pulling the tubes one by one and inserting them again in their holders. I have read that these small pin tubes can sometimes be a big problem with dirty sockets. Tuner off of course.

I had my mp3 player on and I tired the 2 other channels "tuner" and "aux2" both were deal quiet when turned up all the way, you could hear just a hint of thr music I was playing ion AUX1 , On the 2 phono channels I heard some noise , that may be normal?

If the meters are moving and tuning to where stations should be. I would say the transformer is working Your frontend and IF sections would be working. When tuning do you here the relay clicking? Relay driver might be bad or weak.

Relay driver? On the tuner or amp?

Don't remember a click, are they available?

Cost?

I did not want to screw anything up, its too nice so dropped off at shop yesterday.

If you dont mind please tell me about the mentioned relay

Would this be it fisher relay K50314 for the microtune?

Tia

Last edited:
Might have have been thinking of a different tuner. 500C maybe. Either way. Should check all the tubes.. Should be able to hear a mono signal at the MPX test jack. Seem to recall V9 the 6DG8 being troublesome if weak.

Got it home and it seemed not to.be getting goid reception, moved the antennae atound with no luck, gave up.and went to bed

This am read the owners manual and saw there was a switch for 300 ohm 72 ohm for the antenna, it was on 72, I must if moved it carrying it in..

Put it to 300.ohm and OMG I have never heard radio like that before!

Living in Chicago I really never bothered about high end tuners as reception was always good on anything, but this was something else.

I purchased the one I have, largely on the opinion of member sony6060 (no longer a member here I have read) because he had mentioned that one of the great strengths of this tuner was the quality of sound, and I agree with him.

Back
Top Bottom