Fisher FM 2300 Tuner and other GW finds.

TAGO MAGO

On my bi-weekly visit to the Goodwill I spotted two pieces of equipment that sparked my interest, a Fisher FM-2300 tuner (for $6.95) and a Pioneer SA-1060 amp (for $7.50).

The Fisher was the piece I was the most interested in because it actually looked to be a decent tuner. I usually give a fairly wide berth to any Fisher equipment that bares the words "Studio-Standard", although this seemed to be a well built unit from Japan and aesthetically pleasing (still, it is not up to the levels of Technics, Pioneer and Sansui of that era). I have wanted an analog tuner for the living room to hook to the Technics SU-V9 since I have been underwhelmed by it's matching digital tuner. I was pleased to find that this is a very nice tuner, although I am not sure what era it is from, although the appearance would have be guessing 1976-79 somewhere. (See attachment)

The Pioneer integrated amp was a little less aesthetically desirable, but it was heavy, made in Japan and under $10. I would guess built around 1985-1987 since it has a combined CD and Video feature setting. The switch gear on it is awful with tons of cheap push buttons and slide controls. I think the other selling point was it appeared to be in good shape, but I have yet to hook it to anything, though it does light up. If it works, I'll probably give it to a friend needing a system. It would make a good shop system for someone.

Attachments

• fISHER.jpg
    fISHER.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom