Fisher knobs: TA600 & 500S

rufleruf

Poor Impulse Control
I recently picked up a load of Fishers including a TA600 and 500S. The knobs were put on the TA600 and 500s all helter skelter with a mix of two sizes on each and I'm not sure what's original to each. Looking at pictures on google it's tough to tell, but it seems like the TA600 sometimes has slightly larger knobs.

Did any other components of this era have the same slightly larger knobs? One of the no skirt ones with pointer I got has the internal part that holds the D shaft all broken up so it doesn't turn the shaft.

Can't speak as to what knobs you have there, however I do believe the knob size on the units you mentioned were and should be the same size. Al

Matt. Read this thread. It's mine when I got it back in 2014.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/late-model-virgin-ta-600-nudies-inside.534709/

Note that the diameter is all the same size. The shorter singles are the tops for 2 piece from a different unit. The singles on the 600 are tall and the same diam as the dual style knobs.

index.php

Larry -- Good reference thread on the TA600. I plan on fixing up the 500S and TA600 once I get through my tuner phase.

Looking at your picture those knobs look an awful lot like the slightly larger versions in my pictures. I suspect the larger ones fit the TA600 since there were exactly the number needed except one of the dual knobs, but I got one off ebay last week for cheap.

Yeah the LARGER knobs would go on the TA-600, TA-800, and the 500S. The smaller knobs might be from a console of that date range, or a tuner.

Back
Top Bottom