Fisher model number question

chefhog

I picked up this Fisher receiver today and tried to find some info on it. The model number is 143.92520500. My first encounter of an eleven digit model#. I do see similar models out there starting with the first six digits. Are the last five digits code for wattage? This unit was sold by Sears around 1976 I beleive.

That number looks like the numbers Sears puts on their stuff. Not a Fisher number. And no, there is no code there; it's just a part number sort of.

the 1st 3 (143) is manufacturer code that SEARS uses(used). The rest is an internal model #.

143 is the manufacturer code for SFS (SANYO/FISHER).

google "Sears Manufacturer code." The check all your SEARS Appliances in the house. You'll be surprised at who made the stuff.

Larry

EDIT: I just ran the Model # thru Parts Direct @ sears. No reference to it at all. I imagine it's too old. Most of the stuff they keep onboard for 15-20 years then delete it from the database. You could get the phone # for Parts Direct and call them, but chance are you'll get some idjit that can barely speak " spanglish" or "Oxford English"(India).

Larry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom