Fisher only Solid State Pics

OK, here's a peek at a Fisher 450, 674 & Philharmonic receivers. I also have 440, 600 & 700 models, all working good. :yes:

Tinkerbelle,

I love it! Man you got a lot of great stuff there. Two ears and more Fisher amps what can I say.:thmbsp: The 450 and Philharmonic is definitely made in USA (brass knobs) . Is the 674 same ? What speakers do you mix with them ? :scratch2: If you have a chance pics the rest so everybody knows what the real thing looks like. :D

Thanks Fisher_man.

That's girl BTW. ;)

The 674 was made in Japan. All the others are USA. I will dig out the 440 etc. pics later. I rotate these around on speakers, mainly home brew...my main speakers are Infinity RS2.5s and unfortunately they would kill these lovely little receivers.

Hi TCDriver,

How do you plug the picture in the text ,like you do ?
One can use a photo sharing service and then post the link within your message with [img ] [ /img] code wrapped around your link. I use photobucket.com, however, there are many other such web photo services.

Tinkerbelle,

You sure have a nice set of Fisher receivers. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Thanks Fisher_man.

That's girl BTW. ;)

The 674 was made in Japan. All the others are USA. I will dig out the 440 etc. pics later. I rotate these around on speakers, mainly home brew...my main speakers are Infinity RS2.5s and unfortunately they would kill these lovely little receivers.

Tinkerbelle,

Oh ok.. let me rephrase it correctly: :D
I love it! Girl you got a lot of great Fisher stuff there. Two ears and more Fisher amps what can I say. :music: Thanks again for sharing the pics.

TCDriver,

Thanks for the info. This helps alot for folks like me and others who needs guidance on how to insert pics without dropping the details.:thmbsp: That was the intention of the thread...good Fisher Pictures.

No pics of the mighty RS-1060 yet? If it wasn't so much trouble I'd pull the one in the box out and snap some pics of it.

As owner of two 1080s and three 1060s, I must say they're some of the most underrated receivers out there. There again that is a 1080 there in my avatar, and it still is after how many countless receivers I have come to own. That should speak for itself. :)

OK, here's a peek at a Fisher 450, 674 & Philharmonic receivers. I also have 440, 600 & 700 models, all working good. :yes:

That Philharmonic..... did you remove the turntable, or did you find it like that? I like that way it looks like that..... maybe I'll have to do that to mine.

That Philharmonic..... did you remove the turntable, or did you find it like that? I like that way it looks like that..... maybe I'll have to do that to mine.

I still have the turntable but I prefer it this way

Here are three more Fishers: 440, 600 & 700; unfortunately missing some knob caps on the 600 hybrid.

Attachments

• Fisher440.jpg
    Fisher440.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Fisher600_SS-1.jpg
    Fisher600_SS-1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Fisher700_SS.jpg
    Fisher700_SS.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 85
No pics of the mighty RS-1060 yet? If it wasn't so much trouble I'd pull the one in the box out and snap some pics of it.

As owner of two 1080s and three 1060s, I must say they're some of the most underrated receivers out there. There again that is a 1080 there in my avatar, and it still is after how many countless receivers I have come to own. That should speak for itself. :)

Only a small pict of the most important part about my RS-1060 ( IMO ).

Once you get a taste of the sound, you just can't get enough. :thmbsp:

I'd take a small pict of the RS-1080 to, but hell it'd look like the same pict :D

Last edited:
Fisher owners,

Great pictures...It also contributed to some idea that some models that has turntable can be mod to become a standalone receiver/amp. The Philharmonic is a good example. I just got a good old Fisher that has turntable and an 8 track...:scratch2:
The Amp sound good , I don't have 8 track (obsolete) and I just don't like the too retro look :D

I wonder If can change the 8 track section into something like an MP3 player plug-in. Or if I can mod it to include a CD player. The original owner bought it in 1975. This will be another project. I'll edit the design in paintbrush and then
see how the mods will look before ordering the gear.

I hope there are more pictures of Fisher showing mods . Maybe its not worth it and right now I'm leaning towards keeping the way it is : Classic look :)

Thanks again:thmbsp:

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I picked up a Studio Standard by Fisher this weekend for 15 bones. I love the classic look of this receiver. It's a rs-1035, 35 wpc, sounds pretty sweet.

Anyone know of a good cleaner for cleaning the silver face? It had that grime from sitting in a flea market for years sorta look, though most of it came off with windex it still looks a bit dingy up close.

Anyway here's some pics.:thmbsp:

100_3635.jpg
[/IMG]
100_3633.jpg
[/IMG]
100_3630.jpg
[/IMG]
100_3640.jpg
[/IMG]
100_3623.jpg
[/IMG]

I also picked up the matching turntable for $5, though it's gonna need some work.

Dilute Simple Green. Pull off all the knobs and soak them in Cascade (dishwasher soap) and hot water for 5 minutes. Scrub and rinse. Some Car Wax after drying the face. There is a Strictly FISHER FORUM. Not too much in the way of 70's and 80's Sanyo / Fisher. Mainly Late 60's and earlier.

I've got a 500-TX, a 550, then there are the Hybrid Consoles. Cant mention the tube stuff. but ALL are good pieces.

Larry

Thanks for reviving the thread! Got no pics avilable but another thumbs up for the RS 1060/1080. I've had mine a few years and when every other blessed amp/receiver I have has required repair, the "monster" has been rock solid. 'nough said!

Dilute Simple Green. Pull off all the knobs and soak them in Cascade (dishwasher soap) and hot water for 5 minutes. Scrub and rinse. Some Car Wax after drying the face. Larry

When you say "dilute", like 50/50 perhaps?

I've also never heard of car wax as an after treatment, is there a general cleaning/refurbing thread that i've missed?

1 part Simple Green to 5 parts water. You don't want it so strong that it takes the lettering off the panel.

Think of it as like a Metal Car Bumper from the late 90's and earlier. It's metal, and holds fingerprints and such. The wax is a barrier to the oils and dirt from your fingers. There are as many ways to keep them clean as there are owners. This is just one way.

Larry

It's 4 years later.....The collection has grown . I now have more FISHER stuff covering the years between 1951 and 1971) than all other brands combined. It's a good way to see how FISHER changed over the years, from basically the beginning, thru the GOLDEN Years, to the Japanese takeover of the Co.
The latest I have is into the Emerson Era (250-TX is 1972).

Last edited:
I love the look of some of this stuff. I have a Fisher integrated. I gotta pull it apart and take some pictures. It's set up kind of like cards in a rack that seat into a backplane.

Some of my Fishers

I got into a real Made in the USA, Fisher transistor receiver collecting spree after I picked up a 200 from a thrift store. So here you go:

Not shown because they are awaiting parts are:

RS-1060

Attachments

• Fisher 175T.jpg
    Fisher 175T.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Fisher 550T.jpg
    Fisher 550T.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Fisher 220T.jpg
    Fisher 220T.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31