1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Fisher PA501

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by Matt Mincer, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Matt Mincer

Matt Mincer AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hey Folks,

I need a power amp module for a Fisher model 332. I tried an STK036 but the pinout appears to be different. Does anyone know where I can get the PA501? If not, does anyone know the mod to get the 036 to work?

Thanks
    Matt

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Tom B

Tom B AK Subscriber Subscriber

The pinout for the PA501 appears to be the same as the STK036. It should work. Where did you get the STK036?
    The PA-501 is rated at 30WRMS. The STK036 is rated at 35Wrms. Could you have gotten a bad or Counterfit Hybrid??
    Pin 5, 6, 9 and 0 arent used so you may want to try bending them up and not connecting to see if that makes a difference

I have a bunch of PA400's but no PA501's. The PA400's while the same pinout are only rated at 15W and have a DC volt requirement no to exceed + and - 25v, while the PA501 has a 30 w rating running at + and - 30v, with a probable max volt requirment of + and - 35v or 40v. So the PA400's wont work

ryuuoh likes this.
  3. Matt Mincer

Matt Mincer AK Subscriber Subscriber

They came from here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-STK0...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

I got 2 so I can always try the 2nd. There doesn't seem to be any issues with the rest of the circuit because the one good one in the amp works with both channels.

Thanks
    Matt

4. Tom B

Tom B AK Subscriber Subscriber

What is the number/letters stamped on the back of the IC (on the heatsink side)?