Fisher Preamp and the TT Cartridge you like?

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by sslade43, Jan 30, 2019.

1. sslade43

sslade43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

What turntable cartridges have you all found to be a good pairing for your Fisher preamps? My MM cart is in need of a new needle and was thinking about trying something else out. Not sure if I want to stay MM or try a HOMC or LOMC w/ an SUT. I realize turntable and tonearm are factors in the equation too, but not so concerned by them at this point. So what have you found to be a good match?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. notdigital

notdigital AK Subscriber Subscriber

The combo you have in your sig line is exactly what I have running right now, with a pair of KLH 6's. The two cartridges that I've used are the Shure V15VxMR and several Grado's. I loved the Grados (TLZ was my last if I recall,) until the kids appeared. Got the Shure and the kids were neutralized until I bonkered the cantilever. Went to a Jico and was happy until I yearned for the Shure which needlestein miraculously brought back to life and that's what's playing now. Never seriously thought about jumping around since both the Shure and Grado hit me right in the sweet spot. Besides, I listen to the music, not the equipment so much and if whatever delivers, I search no more. Decided long ago to stop chasing mirages down the rabbit hole. So long as I can crack open the beer, kick back and cry sometimes, I'm good!

I guess that's a way of saying high output MM's and Fishers mesh well.

But that's me.

sslade43 likes this.
  3. sslade43

Good advice. All the cartridge choices give me anxiety! I am ready to pick something out, listen to some music, and drink some bourbon.

4. rufleruf

rufleruf Poor Impulse Control Subscriber

I've got some random high dollar 80's ADCOM cartridge whose origin in my accumulation of crap eludes me paired with a Pioneer PL41 going through the Fisher 202T. Sounds really good, but I tend to blame it on the Scott amplifier and EPI speakers, or bourbon

sslade43 likes this.
  5. sslade43

Ended up getting a new stylus for my Signet tk3ea. It’s a significant upgrade to what's in there. Sounds a lot better than it did.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  6. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

All of my cart's are Shures. V15III's for the most part with JICO HE's on them (go fund me for a shibata???) and a M97xe stock setup.

sslade43 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. gadget73

gadget73 junk junkie Subscriber

Much of my stuff is from the Stanton/Pickering family but I have a couple of Shure M93's and M75's around.