Fisher President 9012 B???

yaleforks

At my local thrift store they have a Fisher President 9012B anyone have any information on the behemoth? It must have literally weighed 300+ lbs. Im guessing it is SS?

Some pictures I took.

11158081.jpg

46405709.jpg

14035087.jpg

69051632.jpg

59570903.jpg

Definitely solid state, but that's a pretty nice little integrated amp, and a very desirable tuner. Plus the tape deck and a Dual turntable, not bad!

Well it does come with the price tag of free as long as I move it. The electronics guy said it didnt work but after turning the tape monitor off it sounded wonderful. Turntable seems to work and the reel to reel spins. No crackling when tuning in a station and both channels seem to work fine. Now I just need to convince the wife to let me bring it home.

No, it's a completely different tuner. It's not in the same class as the R-200, but the shortwave bands are pretty cool.

I believe the console you found is the 1968 President. But what model is that amp?

The '67/'68 Fisher consoles are a bit confusing regarding their model numbers. The chassis database lists the 9012 as a 1967 model with the R-200-B tuner and the TX-300 amp. But that's definitely not a TX-300. Unfortunately, I don't have any data on the 1968 President's chassis. The 9012 ought to be a 1967 President since the 9011 was from 1966. However, the 1968 console price list I have, dated Aug. 1, 1967, lists these two President models:

9012-WB Contemporary in Walnut . . . . . . . . . . $2,495
9012-MDB Mediterranean in Distressed Pecan . . $2,495

The one you found is the Mediterranean but it's model number doesn't match Fisher's sales literature. Which isn't really that surprising. The price for the one you found is certainly right and those are some fairly unusual Fisher chassis. That tuner is really cool. Plus, if your wife kills you for bringing it home, the cabinet would make an excellent coffin.

From Fisher's 1968 Console Catalog:

68fisher0034.jpg

Does it? Can't make it out from the pic. Hang on, let me go to the archives.

Last edited:
Ok. When I saw the thread I went downstairs and looked at my TX-2000, and it's identical to the one in the pic. However, after reading your post I pulled the service manuals and I see that both the TX-1000 and TX-2000 have identical front panel layouts.

The specs are very similar as well, IHF Music Power at 120/150, and 50 w/ch RMS.

Man that is a sweet looking console. I have been searching for a nice R-200B for a year now.

fwiw the tuner is a hybrid using a pr of nuvistors in the fm front end and the rest is s.s.as others have pointed out the tuner itself is very desirable and rare.theres a few of us on ak that have the tuner but all the ones i've ran across need work.:sigh:

Well I really wanted to pick it up but I really have no room for it all :( If anyone is in central NC (Raleigh, Durham) it was still there this morning.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! im in south florida. DDDAAAMMMMNNNNIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

Did anyone ever go and get this? Just wondering.

You can always ask to pull the components saying it will make it much lighter to move then drive off or just tell them you only want the components, this have worked for me many times in the past.

Definitely solid state, but that's a pretty nice little integrated amp, and a very desirable tuner. Plus the tape deck and a Dual turntable, not bad!

233 watts seems to be vacuum tubes to me, not solid state. The Ampex 1100 is for sure transistors. I have one of those. But a peek inside will confirm. It may be too late though...

Back
Top Bottom