Fisher R200 or R200b

Mike 13

Trying to decide between these 2. Interested in sound quality, ability to pull in stations and dependability once up and running. From what I can find, the am section of the 200b is so. It seems from the threads I've read that the 200s am is one of the better ones out there. Why the change then? Educate me please

Why the change then? Educate me please

The R-200 is tube. The R-200-B is transistor.

They're not even remotely the same model...the 200-B should have been called something else.

There's a "general rule" that AM is easier to implement in tube than FM. In fact, I have noticed solid-state FM tuners do tend to sound better than tube FM tuners.

That's what I'm trying to decipher. The 200b was listed as a hybrid with the FM section tube and am ss.

It also has shortwave bands which I wouldn't use. Have seen the unit uncovered and it does have a tube section. With your input, it seems they did it backwards.

It also has shortwave bands which I wouldn't use. Have seen the unit uncovered and it does have a tube section. With your input, it seems they did it backwards.

They're probably right. There's probably a tube section in the service manual I glossed right over.

Back
Top Bottom