1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Fisher Radio Model 300 MPX Signal Generator

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by audmod01, Jun 19, 2018.

1. gadget73

gadget73 junk junkie Subscriber

I don't put a lot of faith in my tester. It rarely shows tubes as weak or bad, but sometimes they perform that way in circuit.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. audmod01

audmod01 Super Member

Gadget;

I am like you. I have seen too many tube testers that lie! Or at least return results that are ambiguous and can be quite misleading. I was always used to substituting a good tube back when they were readily available. I saw too many cases where a tube would check good in a tester and yet would not work properly in circuit or would check bad, yet work OK in circuit!:crazy: The B&K 667 tester was given to me while I bought the Allied Radio model 600 years ago at a swap meet and made some minor repairs and cleaning. I might order one of each type of NOS tubes the unit uses and have them available to try if something proves not to work well after servicing the power supply of the unit.

It is time to order some capacitors and tubes for the restoration.:)

Joe

3. bhamham

bhamham AK Subscriber Subscriber

Great thread, Joe.

I have one of these guys sitting on a shelf. Plan to restore it next fall/winter so watching closely. All the best with yours!

4. vintelectra

vintelectra Active Member

Hi; I restored one , with Daves help and has been working excellent since. Some comments on trhead "mpx trouble shoot" on page 12 may help you ( or not) Martin

5. audmod01

audmod01 Super Member

Martin;
    I will indeed check the FM MPX thread. I have read through most of it a couple of times and there it a lot of great information there that Dave is providing for the rest of us.

I am having to take time out to do repairs on tractor and mowing equipment plus some other things about the place. There is always something needing maintenance! Most days I can only work outside in the morning. We have had many days with afternoon temperatures well over 100 degrees F.

Joe