Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

IMG_1174.JPG IMG_1173.JPG Enjoy current setup! Fisher SA300, Pioneer Sx850, Sony 5 disc freebie, project debut carbon D.C.,Zenith 49cz852 in open baffle, looking forward to next upgrade.

Reggie,

Thanks for reviving this old thread and welcome to AK.

My Fisher journey is in its infancy. All I have is a 500c, but I was very excited to find it and do a basic restore with all the help here on the Fisher forum.

Use it daily driving a JBL Hartsfield on the center channel and Klipsch La Scala left and right.

Reggie,

My Fisher journey is in its infancy. All I have is a 500c, but I was very excited to find it and do a basic restore with all the help here on the Fisher forum.

Use it daily driving a JBL Hartsfield on the center channel and Klipsch La Scala left and right.[/QUOTE
Reggie,

Use it daily driving a JBL Hartsfield on the center channel and Klipsch La Scala left and right.
Sounds like a nice setup Lo-Fi, I had been looking at a 500c as my first fisher but didn't pull the trigger but I found this SA300 and I'm enjoying the sound so far.

Sounds like a nice setup Lo-Fi, I had been looking at a 500c as my first fisher but didn't pull the trigger but I found this SA300 and I'm enjoying the sound so far.

Reggie,

You might want to do some research here on AK to see what if any mods or maintenance might be needed on your amp. For instance, on my 500c there are some capacitors that I replaced and the power supply. There are some resistors that can be added as well that protect components from a bad tube.

I did the work on mine with the expert guidance her on the Fisher forum.

Reggie,

You might want to do some research here on AK to see what if any mods or maintenance might be needed on your amp. For instance, on my 500c there are some capacitors that I replaced and the power supply. There are some resistors that can be added as well that protect components from a bad tube.

I did the work on mine with the expert guidance her on the Fisher forum.
Thanks Lo-Fi-
I purchased the SA-300 directly from a professional tech who rebuilt the amp. capacitors etc. I have the full list of what was done. And I’m very happy with the purchase nice balance of power and elegance.

I've had a 500B for about 25 years. It works but needs a good going through. I'm thinking it might make a nice winter project.

Currently have a 500C, a pair of 100 mono blocks (in my main setup), and a 1963 Ambassador V console. I want to get rid of the console seeing it doesn't get much use, but I'd really like to pick up a nice Fisher preamp of some sort (either stereo, or a pair of monos).

P.S. This thread is great. Lots of beautiful gear. I'll have to add some photos when I get a chance.

Last edited:
I own (2) 1958 Fisher Presidents

Pictures are of the second console, since the first one is in pieces, undergoing a complete restoration.

Second unit does work and sounds incredible.

Attachments

• fish2d.jpg
    fish2d.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 40
  • fish2c.jpg
    fish2c.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 40
  • fish2b.jpg
    fish2b.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 40
  • fish2a.jpg
    fish2a.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
I own (2) 1958 Fisher Presidents

Pictures are of the second console, since the first one is in pieces, undergoing a complete restoration.

Second unit does work and sounds incredible.

Most of us are just out trying to find ONE President. Beautiful, though. The early models with the clocks built in are so tasteful. 80AZ amps?

1961 (I think) 500B mint. I have all the paperwork, tags and a note from Avery Fisher . Needs to be restored as it hasn't been on in years. It is a pull out and I'm sure that's why its mint. The guy stole the output tubes before I got it. Also some old xp 7 speakers.

My Brass Birdie. I'm finally a member of the Fisher Tube club. I might have overpaid, but this beauty sounds fantastic, mates rather nicely with my existing components, tube and otherwise. 1959 I'm thinking? So are my Jensen Stereo Directors. The year before I was born. Now that's Vintage!GEDC0781.JPG GEDC0782.JPG GEDC0784.JPG GEDC0786.JPG

Sco -- The X-101 was Fisher's first integrated stereo amplifier, and your version is the first version of that series -- late 58, early 59. From a durability standpoint however, I'd take a hard look at the ventilation for the amplifier -- cases always make them run warmer, and with the small space the case is installed in, cooling ventilation air will be greatly restricted. The installation is very neat, but I'd seriously consider a fan arrangement to ensure the amplifier receives the proper ventilation it requires for a long life.

Great looking X-101ST!

Dave

Thanks Dave, I have a small fan around here somewhere. I'm definitely short on space around here but there is certainly room for that fan next to it.

Back
Top Bottom