Fisher RS-100 RS-200 RS-1000 RS-2000 Series Library Reference Thread

The People are of a Different Opinion...

Larry,

I find it rather ironic that your "recommended action" literally stops any further work from happening. My opinion is to leave the thread unlocked because it is not my inaction but rather, the inaction of others that has caused the project to be placed on hold, because:

a) There has been very little or no actual interest in the project; and,

b) Persons may talk and even talk a lot, but in reality they don't actually do any actual work to assist or help the project along.

This is not to say that there haven't been at least one (1) or two (2) individuals that have been very helpful, for there has, but the overall response has been a deafening silence. At present, a lot of the work is done. I have:

a) Collected original factory copies "Printed in Japan" of the entire RS-100, RS-200, RS-1000, and RS-2000 series of Fisher Service Manuals. I only lack one North American series manual at this time, the RS-270. I have found one, but am procrastinating acquiring it. Further more, this perfectionistic "madness" wants me to collect all the original European versions as well, such as the RS-1022L, RS-1035L, RS-1052L &c.

Also, as a part of the perfectionist's goal, I am continuing to seek better copies of the following manuals for the associated reasons: RS-2003 (water damage), RS-2010 (original black and white, want the original color version), RS-2015 (water damage).

b) Scanned all of the RS-1000, RS-2000 series and many of the RS-200 series in full 11x17 size color without merging separately scanned pieces together. Perfectionists should note that the RS-1060/RS-1080 schematic pages are much larger than 11x17, and will require merging separately scanned pieces together. I spent many hours on these scans at both 300DPI and 600DPI making sure that when the pieces are merged, then end result should be completely indistinguishable from a single scan.

c) Collected literally hundreds and perhaps even thousands of pictures of Fisher (and other brand) receivers that if I have the time and inclination I want to completely revamp the specs portion of the thread from the ground up to include (lots? of) pictures of all the receivers with the specs and not thereafter as I had started doing. Also I didn't like how the text was formatted and I may choose to move up to HTML formatting for a (much) better formatted presentation.

I have also realized that my project has grown to such a size that it may rather be better served by being hosted as a series of web pages on a website rather than as a thread on a board forum. Your thoughts?

First of all, welcome back! Your last post was in July. We missed you!:D

I understand Larry's suggestion; if a thread appears to be dead and abandoned, there's no point in having it continue as a stickied thread.

However, there is so much good info in here, particularly all the manually typed in details, that I'm going to leave it as is.

As far as your thoughts that this information might be more easily accessed via a series of web pages, I would agree. Anything planned? I have had www.Fisherdude.com registered for several years but have not done anything with it yet. It's sort of a future "retirement project" thing, even though I've been retired for a bit now. :D

I wasn't asking for it to be PULLED OFF, I was asking if it could be locked as there apparently wasn't any activity other than people asking for S/M's with no apparent response. I pulled that quote from a D&S thread re: RS-2010 manuals.

Maybe asking the OP to remove the old links that are no longer valid, would go a long way to alleviating confusion of future posters

Locking a sticky will still allow it to be viewed, but any additional queries for manuals (which is approx 75% or more of the posts) should go to Digital Docs or to a dedicated database.

Very nice thread you got going, and extremely useful information. Just adding to the collection of pictures, and list of people happy with these superb receivers :banana:

Fisher RS-1052 (Back says 230 watts)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've ran this baby with two sets of speakers (4) at 7/10 volume for hours straight with absolutely no issues. Excellent sound too! I forgot where I put those nudies though... it looks sturdy inside.

I have been extremely pleased w/my 1052. I haven't tried it w/woofers over 12" yet, as its duty is a bedroom unit. Its truly a beaut in every regard.
Still trying to find info on the RS-2003.....

Last edited:
cbottorff - Were the specs for the 100 and 200 series ever posted? I am interested in these early 80s units.

I have found I am very happy with the Fisher Class A-II gear, having hunted down various models after getting a Z1 a few years ago. A few of these early 80s fishers introduced the A-II line, and I have picked up two different models, but I am unaware of any definitive list of A-II models. The ones I got sound a hair "dark" compared to the Z1, RS-1000, and RS-2000 units, but are very smooth/clean. They make good small system receivers - I use one in my office on my computer with an outboard DAC and small 3-way speakers. I might start a thread on these A-IIs if others are interested...

cbottorff - Were the specs for the 100 and 200 series ever posted? I am interested in these early 80s units.

I have found I am very happy with the Fisher Class A-II gear, having hunted down various models after getting a Z1 a few years ago. A few of these early 80s fishers introduced the A-II line, and I have picked up two different models, but I am unaware of any definitive list of A-II models. The ones I got sound a hair "dark" compared to the Z1, RS-1000, and RS-2000 units, but are very smooth/clean. They make good small system receivers - I use one in my office on my computer with an outboard DAC and small 3-way speakers. I might start a thread on these A-IIs if others are interested...

Unfortunately, cbottorff's post #61 above, dated December, 2011, was his last. He apparently left and isn't coming back.

Unfortunately, cbottorff's post #61 above, dated December, 2011, was his last. He apparently left and isn't coming back.

Thank you Fisherdude for letting me know. :thmbsp:

I wonder if anyone else is interested in the 100 and 200 series besides him and myself. :scratch2:

Last edited:
Hi, this is a great thread. I hope it never closes & becomes closer to completion every day. I have an original manual for a 2004A kicking around somewhere & I am going to try to post the specs page when I locate it. This hopefully will help somebody out there.

Hi, this is a great thread. I hope it never closes & becomes closer to completion every day. I have an original manual for a 2004A kicking around somewhere & I am going to try to post the specs page when I locate it. This hopefully will help somebody out there.

Scan the whole thing and upload it to AKmember JAILTIME. He's one of the keepers of the DATABASE.

Larry

Yes please do. I too have an RS-2004A and can't seem to find a manual of it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

-Ron

RS-2004 vs. RS-2004-A

The only difference between the RS-2004 & RS-2004A models is, AFAIK, that the -A model has the power level meters on the front panel (along with the extra circuity to drive the meters)
while the non -A is identical only with the meters being absent from the front.
So essentially a manual for either of them could be useful in servicing most issues on either model.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind obtaining a copy of either one of those manuals, as I have two RS-2004A's I'm taking care of; one recently acquired (cosmetically excellent, only needed a relamp),
and another owned by a friend for a better part of a decade now (I've originally got it for him, it was dead so I've found a broken terminal on the AC voltage selector on the back, it works perfectly since then. it's a European model hence the voltage selector)

cbottorff, would you (or anyone else for that matter) be kind enough to post a scan of the manual if this is not a a big hassle, I would really appreciate that.
While not having an urgent need for it, it'll sure be nice to have a copy in case I will actually need it in the future!

Also, since the models are nearly identical, can anyone with the access to the RS-2004 manual quickly check if it actually covers the -A model as well?
It would make sense not having to release two manuals for such a minor difference...

Last edited:
QUAD; There is a copy of the "A" model manual @ HIFIENGINE. you have to register, but that's free.

I am sad that this thread stopped, I have always been a fan of Fisher the good and the so called bad too. I have had these Fisher Models, RS1052 RS2010 and the really vintage 504 and 304 and 514. Still own the RS2010 which is amazing sounding and looks really nice too 504 and 514. My favorite is the 514 Quad, what a beast. But it has issues and I don't have the knowledge or talent to figure it out. It looks brand new other than some lights out and some issues with static on many controls. I intend on having that one fixed when and if I can find and honest local guy to do it. Found a place that seems to kinda know what there doing, but from some research they take forever to do the work, were talking months and then way way high priced on the labor.

I hope this thread comes back to life, I liked reading the info and seeing all the pics of some handsome Fisher Units.

Chris

Hello 'Fishermen'. I seem to have developed a good bad fun habit of collecting vintage receivers. Fisher was a brand I didn't seek out or really have an interest in, nor Marantz. But a few weeks ago I saw a dirty Fisher rs-1015 with children's stickers stuck all over it, however it was in perfect shape otherwise. Not a scratch, all knobs, etc intact, and the stereo lamp and signal meter lamp are burnt out.
After I brought it home, I deep cleaned it and went through the guts to make sure the parts are still good. They were. One thing that I observed was how well this receiver is organized, constructed, choice of parts, and especially how well it sounds for a 15 watt per channel that's over 30 years old. It's got muscle. Not a huge muscle but strong enough to make a bedroom seem like a nightclub.
To say the least, I am very impressed by overall quality of this Fisher product. Now I understand why there are fans of Fisher. I call them "Fisherman/ Fishermen".

As far as the 'Project'. A independent website devoted to the accumulation of Fisher information seems to make more sense rather than squeeze it in here.
And it's almost 2017. Is it finished?

Attachments

• IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 19
I just wanted to see if possible to add a sticky for the Professional Digital Reference Series. The last great hurrah for Fisher Receivers. I own a Fisher RS-Z1, it was rated at 150 wpc. 20-20khz into a 8 ohm load with .007% THD. I lost the manual a few years ago but I have had it since new.

A few years back I had the opportunity to jump on a RS1080 for just $250..so wish I jumped on that now.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom