Fisher RS-1050 DC Offset Issues

okies

Hey guys, I'm about at the end of my rope on this one, this receiver is in really good physical condition and I got it cheap. I would really like to get it going to add to the collection.

Here is what I've got; the left channel is showing some audible distortion; DC Offset is 95mv. The right channel is audibly good and shows about 20mv. I have cleaned all the pots and switches and used a wooden dowel to tap on the components and boards to try and spot a bad component or solder joint. No luck there.

The service manual gives good instruction on setting the idling current adjustment, I checked both sides of the power amp pc board for voltage, the right side was a little high at about 2.5 mV, using the pot indicated in the manual, I carefully adjusted it back to 2mV, no problem.

The left side was about 5.5mV, I then tried to adjust it and got absolutely no response from the pot? It would turn but made no effect on the voltage.

There are only the two pots for idle current adjustment on this board. I guess I'm hoping for a likely suspect here and any help would be appreciated at this point.

I do have the schematic, it is on big paper tho, I could copy the power amp board section and post that if it would help. I'm just not sure what to start replacing at this point.

thanks

okies

Back
Top Bottom