Fisher RS-1080

troybunch

Hi all --

I just received a HUGE Fisher RS-1080 today. Looks like the big, big, brother of the first receiver I ever bought way back in the mid 70's -- an RS 1052.

Anyway, I have a service manual, but have been unable to locate a users guide. If anyone would like to swap copies, that'd be great. Or, if anyone has a guide, or a copy of a guide, I'd be glad to buy it... Thanks..!

Phono stage

Hi all --

I just received a HUGE Fisher RS-1080 today. Looks like the big, big, brother of the first receiver I ever bought way back in the mid 70's -- an RS 1052.

Anyway, I have a service manual, but have been unable to locate a users guide. If anyone would like to swap copies, that'd be great. Or, if anyone has a guide, or a copy of a guide, I'd be glad to buy it... Thanks..!

Did you ever locate a copy of the owners manual? I just acquired a 1080 with no manual. I'm trying to find out what the phono stage is rated so I can use the correct cartridge with my turntable.

Thanks!

The specs as far as I know are in the service manual so I can look up the specs on the phono stage there but probably not for a couple of days. I've been trying to locate an actual owners manual for some time without success. As it stands the receiver itself was probably not highly produced from the get go so an actual owners manual is going to be a challange.

And the search continues. Any help, including specs from a service manual would be great. At your convenience, I'm still cleaning her up. Sounds strong, much stronger than anything I've ever owned.

Thanks!

I used to own a RS-1052 also. I loved the cosmetics of it but got rid of it because i wanted something with a little more headroom. Id love to get either a 1058, 1060, or a 1080.

I've long thought the 1060 was one of the best receivers ever made, in terms of sound and overall quality. Though the 1060 and 1080 are similar in many ways in terms of sonics they are not.

Hi all --

i have the fisher 1060/1080 sm in german. trying to figure how to move the file from my hd.
i use linux, i'll see if i get it worked out and i post it here.

I've long thought the 1060 was one of the best receivers ever made, in terms of sound and overall quality. Though the 1060 and 1080 are similar in many ways in terms of sonics they are not.

Yeah yrly, i remember you saying you liked the 1060 more sound wise than the 1080 even though its not as powerful.

Here is the Nominal Specifications For Information Only from the service manual:

POWER AMPLIFIER SECTION
Continuous RMS sine wave power per channel within stated bandwith at no
more than stated distortion and with an 8 ohm load: 170 W

Power Bandwith: 20 Hz/20 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.1 %

PREAMPFLIFIER SECTION
Input Sensitivity and Impedance At rated output, 8-ohms
at 1 kHz Phono (1 and 2): 2 mV/50k ohm

Phono (max input capability): 300 mV

Hum & Noise (below rated output)
Phono (1 and 2): 70 dB

Frequency Response
Phono (30 Hz - 15 kHz) +/-0.5dB

Just realized this was an old thread -- yeah, yrly, I'm curious too, what do you like better sonically about the 1060?? I've not heard the 1060 so I have no frame of reference at all. Better/tighter bass? ....BTW, on the 1080 what's with the "Bass," then "Bass Range," and the "Bass Selector?" (Where the owners/oper manual would help I think). What was Fisher trying to do here, ? marketing ?

The flexibility of the preamp section is cool. You can tailor the crossover with Bass Range. If your speaker's woofer crosses over at 400 Hz then your Bass control can specifically control that woofer.

Phono section's specs are the same for both units.

Almost every spec is the same. Differences:

WPC: 125 vs 170, at 0.1 THD, through 20-20000 Hz

Pwr consumption: 800W/920 VA vs. 1000W/1200 VA

Depth: 16 15/16 vs. 18 9/16"

Nominal Weight: 54 vs. 65 (but mine is 72?)

---

I'm guessing 65lbs was pre production, mine two weigh 72 as well. The 1060 weighs 57lbs. Probably why they put "specifications subject to change" in there. Don't know what causes the weight difference, however there are international versions with multivoltage and ones without. All mine are single voltage units for the US.

Back
Top Bottom