Fisher RS1080 knobs

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Giang Le, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Giang Le

Giang Le AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi everyone, I would like to know which Fisher RS models can I pull the treble and bass selector knobs from? I have a RS1060 and RS1080 that need some of those buttons, but rigth now on the bay there are only knobs from a RS1015 and RS1052. They look very similar, but I just want to confirm with someone more knowledgeable than me.

2. flyinglow

flyinglow New Member

Did you find knobs?

3. Marc E

Marc E New Member

I have the exact same problem/ question. Did you ever get an answer?

4. Ghonk

Ghonk GREG

5. audmod01

audmod01 AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you have at least one of the original knobs, measure its OD, height, shaft size and shape. Then if you spot what looks like the correct type, PM the seller and ask him to measure the knobs and let you know their size and shaft size and shape. You might be able to find a match that way.

OR, measure the size of the control shaft, OD and length in front of the front trim panel, take note of the shape of the end of the shaft (splined for push-on knob or D-shape for push-on knob, or round for knob using a set screw). Then look at new knobs available from some suppliers such as Antique Electronic Supply, find a type that will fit and buy a set to replace all those unique knobs with new ones that will all look the same. The guitar manufacturers used a wide variety of knob styles and finishes over many years and AES has most of them covered. Alternatively you might find some current stereo equipment model that has knobs that would work and be able to order a set of them through a dealer.

Joe