fisher shelf system?

madwing

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i already posted this over in the tube forum...but not sure if it's tubes or not.

anyone know what this is?

thanks.
bill

Attachments

• PDR_0009.JPG
    PDR_0009.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 61
It's a receiver and a pair of speakers!!!! What do I win.......

Sorry...couldn't resist. Someone who is not a sarcastic a-hole will be along shortly I am sure......

i already posted this over in the tube forum...but not sure if it's tubes or not.

anyone know what this is?

thanks.
bill
Open it up and have a peek inside.If it has tubes you can't miss em.

I personally don't know if it uses vacuum tubes or if it is solid state but an easy way to find out is open it up and take a look yourself. An easier way to do this is to look inside through the vents (if any)

OR if you aren't in possession of this yet, ask the seller to do this for you, or provide a model number.

thanks.

i have written to the seller. i don't have it close enough to look at. i just wondered if anyone recognized it; it doesn't look like any fisher i've seen before.

I'll have to echo what others have said, as google image search brings up nothing close to that.....could that have come out of a console and someone built the case?

Also, if you know what speakers those are, that could help us date them. I do not recognize the speakers.

ok, i heard from the gal. it's a "fisher 150", solid state (apparently it says "transistor fm-mpx receiver" on the dial glass above the tuning numbers).

anyone know if it's worth shipping 800 miles?

ok, i heard from the gal. it's a "fisher 150", solid state (apparently it says "transistor fm-mpx receiver" on the dial glass above the tuning numbers).

anyone know if it's worth shipping 800 miles?

Hi ya Bill! My Pilot console buddy:thmbsp:. I'm gonna say no on the Fisher, without asking what is being asked $$ wise. It's a run of the mill SS receiver from a console, with a home built case(not to bad looking btw in the crappy pic's) I meant that, by not showing the cab better. One big clue to that statement is the riser on the base of the cab, not original. The speakers I know nothing about, could be nice, could be nasty, you know how mid 60's Fisher products were/are:thmbsp::thumbsdn:

I just missed out on the first Fisher SS receiver on CL here in Tucson, and a fellow AKer got it:thmbsp: One channel is out though. Something like that would be worth getting just for the history of the brand, I'll get back to this post and edit in the model # for ya!
edit: Fisher # 440-t, google search and see my thread posted 5-13-08 in vintage soild state page 6 or 7 " Just missed the first Fisher SS receiver by this much" X_25 has good pic's of it in the thread, good luck on whatever you decide!

Craig
Craig

Last edited:
it's not an auction, it's a craigslist sale.

i am not interested, but if anyone is for $40 in redmond, wa, pm me and i'll set you up with gal's email.

Back
Top Bottom