fisher studio standard, any good?

jordraatt

Hi!

Anyone here know anything about the sound in the Fisher Studio Standard CA-871? It's an integrated amp from the 80's with lots of power, and the price is amazingly low..

Is this a vintage-sounding quality amp or is it a typical low-budget 80's sounding unit?

"Studio Standard" 1980's BPC "Black Plastic Crap" Fisher stuff is generally regarded as complete junk, but my dad has a Fisher Rack system from 1986 with the RS-914 receiver in it and still works great to this day and sounds "Alright". I picked the same receiver up for sentimental reasons and it works fine as a shop or garage receiver.

I had heard that some of the aluminum faced Fisher equipment was pretty nice stuff and was in no way "inferior" to the other Japanese mid-fi stuff. If its silver faced stuff I'd check it out. don't we just love "stuff?"

I've got a Model 332 that although not high end sounds good. Weighs a TON and has a large power supply FWIW. I've been able to find no info on it, but from it's looks I'd say it's late 1970s. No plastic and the case is wood.

If you can find a RS 1060 or even an RS 1080,( tough to find), I would go for those. Beautiful sound and heavy as boat anchors. Sorry I can't help ya with the ca-871.:dunno:

I have the one with the 5 slide eq........use it to do my testing with.Works great....but it was the price of a pack of smokes.......garage amp @ best.

Stuff made after about 1974 are made by SANYO/Fisher. Fisher has been relegated to a division of SANYO and the stuff is Mid FI at BEST.

It was supposed to say "Studio Apartment Standard", but they ran out of space on the face of the units. :D

fisher amp

i have the fisher ca 283 only difference is mine has a 5 band eq i think it sounds good its 100 watts per channel its better then what they sell at bestbuy today i would not pay no more then $25 unless its the whole system tuner,tape,cd,phono,remote,speakers then i could see paying $50 to $75 if it was in like brand new condition
this system cost around $1000 in 1986

no its not going to be a pioneer sx 1280 but it would still be good for a med. size room
if the price is right i say get it

Back
Top Bottom