Fisher Stv-873

Donkey!

AK member
I found a pair of FISHER STV-873 at the local goodwill shop.

They have a price of 100 bucks on them but the dust caps are pushed in on most of the drivers. The woofers are an easy fix, the others are possible, but.......

How much are these babys worth.

Generally speaking, any Fisher speaker that starts with ST or STV has a collector's value of zero. They are all mid to late '80's and are pretty ordinary.

Otoh, they do work, and they sound fine. Not high-end, but fine. So, if you find a pair in good condition, $20 would be a fair price. $100 is nuts.

The STV 893's sound so bad,and are made so cheap that they are only worth 330.00 on the bay.I think thats why I keep on buying the Fishers to lol. I have bought a lot and got rid of a lot of speakers,but kept some of the Fishers.Some of them I will be the first to say that they are junk,but some will drive pretty hard sounding great as well at 170 WPC driven.Just my .02

Last edited:
I think the $100 price at Goodwill is to high for the Fishers. But if they are in excellent condition then maybe $30 or so. If you could listen to them.

I have a pair of Fisher ST-830s and they sound good. 3 way system with 15" woofers. 100 watts. BIG speakers. I would not take a $100 for mine.

TankDonovan

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 69
Well besides the dust caps on the drivers, the enclosures looked great, yesterday anyway. I thought they looked cool, and I always wanted a pair of speakers that had the white pulp/paper cones. I figure they would need some sort of EQing to get the sound stage right, but that's the problem. All of my gear I have now is super good IMO and I don't need an EQ or use one. I run everything flat from the source through the mixer on to all of the amps. So if they need eq in any way I would have buy one. But I hate eq's because of the inevitable phase shift that floats along.

You can't polish a turd, but you can dress it up like a hot dog and hide it in the corner!

That is what I mean about buying something at a thrift store. You never know what you have until you get it home. For me it must be a bargain or I`ll not buy it.

I use a little EQ in all my systems. To me it just sounds better. My Fishers sound very good without it. But I still use it.

TankDonovan

Back
Top Bottom