Fisher System 9000

undergroundr

I'm picking up this system tomorrow.

9000.jpg

My understanding is that it was pretty close to the top of the Fisher line in the early 80's. I seem to be paying less than a hundredth of the original retail price. Am I wrong to have high hopes for some of this gear? :scratch2: I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried out the BA-9000 amp (50 wpc), the CC-9000 preamp (with MM & MC), and/or the MT-9000 (aka MT-6030) turntable.

I realize this is "after the fall" of the company, but I'm surprised at the absolute silence on the internet about whether this is a good or bad rig. My sense is that the Cowboys bumper sticker actually enhances the value of this equipment.:D

Go for Fisher CA-880, CA-7000, CA-800,CP-7000 and there are few more amps. Most of these that I listed come with the matching cassette deck and tuner!

Any of those single components tends to go for 6 to 10 times what I'm paying for this entire rack. I appreciate the buying advice, but I'm really just curious if anybody has heard these particular units.

Picked these up last night. After some serious Deoxit, I hooked the CC-9000 pre between my Dual and my Kenwood Basic M2. It's nothing special, but it's certainly a step up from the Onkyo HT receiver I was using as a phone pre.

I plan to see how the BA-9000 amp does powering Norman Labs Model 7's tonight or tomorrow.

The Control Center that came with this system is fascinating. Lots of timers and remote control capabilities for all the units, connected by DIN plugs. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the infrared remote.

The MT-9000 TT needs work. The platter is scraping, which is something I saw in another AK thread. And the platter is REALLY tough to get off. Haven't succeeded yet.

Also got some Sansui SP 3500's virtually thrown in. Very pretty looking, but they have no high end to speak of.

Recap the 3500's and De-Oxit the pots. They'll brighten right up. They are the most valuable items in the whole thing.

Thanks. From other threads, it seems like about $40 of caps for questionable results on some Kabukis that tend to get pretty mixed reviews. I took out the crossover on 1 last night. I'll deoxit the pots and see what happens.

Am I really the only one who's heard this Fisher 9000 stuff? I'm enjoying the preamp, which to me is worth what I paid for the whole thing. Still haven't gotten around to trying the amp.

Back
Top Bottom