Fisher tuner restoration specialities

Tyson Kim

Hello,

I am looking for a tuner restoration company/expert specialized in Fisher products to restore FM-1000. I googled and found Fisher Doctor but at the same time I found bad reviews of him. I want to find someone place I can trust. Would you recoomend one(s) who has some reputation in the area?

Best regards

Your tuner is the tip top of the Fisher line when it comes to tuners of that era and given its pedigree, it is worthy of only the most expert attention. That involves having all the specialized equipment necessary to bring it up to snuff and a willingness on your part to ship it out. Three people come to mind, one who regularly hangs out here. I'll gladly pass along names. PM me.

And no, Doc isn't one of the choices.

On the left coast, the only person I would hand a tuner over to if I wasn't doing it would be Mike Zuccaro in San Diego (if still around).

His forte is Mac, but he can repair and align tubed tuners with the best of them.

Tell him you have an FM-1000 and see what he says.

http://aeaaudio.com/ is in the Bay area. There are some members here who have taken their FISHER's to AEA and reported very good to excellent results. You're gonna pay thru the nose (if you have a squeaky wallet), but I don't think you'll find anyone better out there that runs a brick and mortar shop.. Early on Saul Marantz and Avery Fisher consulted with them, so they know a good bit about the lines. If I had the $$$ I would send my TA-600 and 400 to them, along with my 800c's. But I don't think I'm gonna win the powerball anytime in 5 lifetimes, so I do as much as I can here.

Your tuner is the tip top of the Fisher line when it comes to tuners of that era and given its pedigree, it is worthy of only the most expert attention. That involves having all the specialized equipment necessary to bring it up to snuff and a willingness on your part to ship it out. Three people come to mind, one who regularly hangs out here. I'll gladly pass along names. PM me.

And no, Doc isn't one of the choices.
Hi there. I am new here and I am not the doc you are referring to lol. I also have recently aquired a Fisher fm 1000 among others from my deceased uncle. I live in Orange County , CA. Could you please be so kind to recommend any repair guys? It would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom