RVTkHWT.jpg

After recap my speakers sounds very good
6NYeMyu.jpg

The amp wood cover needs some attention

Thanks Larry! I appreciate your help.
Another picture with Sansui&Marantz
YxZcs9K.jpg

Last edited:
Back to TX-55 with some new parts coming from Mouser: new 450-3225 knobs from Eagle Plastic Devices (unfortunately they don t have in stock 450-2225 ones, I put them in next order), new Bourns 3329H series trimpots, Wima MKP10 capacitors for smoothing in PS
mFVhb6s.jpg

This topic is long dead, but i've got one of these on my bench. Both output channels were blown, rebuilt the little amp and it's producing a nice sound. Not very refined but respectable for this baby amp.

Mine has obviously been part of an overhaul. Some odd things: on the back of the amplifier PCB there are two fuse outlets, supposedly for the output channels. These are no longer connected and the amplifier PCB still had snipped wires on them. The back of the amp now holds the three fuses, but it's odd that the revision was executed so shoddily,

The schema says that each output capacitor has a throttle / choking coil, mine does not (just a wire soldered in). The machine in this topic still has them. Does anyone know the original coil spec / value and why they would have removed this from the PCB?

Regards,

Bert

I have a similar unit coming from NJ to the Philippines shipped through a balikbayan box. That's what we call it here. My friend said it only needs a power cord replacement, and a lot of cleaning . Fingers crossed...

hello all.
Can you help me?
i work on this unit, i was very bar repaired before. after recap and rew emiter resistors & new transistors, no sound on right chanle.
too may traces on pcs were damaged by the porvious tech....

can you upload pics of the amp board, the solder side?????
will be very usefull.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom