Fisher x 202 c integrated - value of parts unit

Mingo

stranger in a strange land
Subscriber
I picked up this Fisher x202 c integrated amp a couple of years ago with some other Fisher gear. The amp is missing an output transformer and tubes. I don't know that I will ever get around to fixing it. So, is there any value in the amp in as is condition? Or do I find another OPT and go the restoration route with my less than limited skills?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that particular model, but I have an x-101-d that looks extremely similar to those pics. If yours sounds anything like mine, it is absolutely worth restoring.

Since you aren't likely to restore it yourself I would be inclined to either pull the remaining tubes and sell the chassis complete or part it out completely and sell the parts individually. Assuming the remaining tubes are the usual Fisher branded Telefunkens they are worth a fair chunk by themselves and worth keeping for other amps you may have or to sell outright. To have someone else restore it will cost you an arm and leg by the time you find/buy a transformer, replace the output tubes and do a thorough recap etc... The reason I say to pull the tubes is that you'll probably get the same amount with them or without them and they have the highest value of the remaining parts.

Remaining tubes are RCA, so not a lot of value there. How much do you think the chassis would be worth?

I'd just be guessing re value. Since you're a subscriber you could list it in Bartertown and see how it does. The chassis and faceplate look fairly decent so I would think there would be some interest.

I'd just be guessing re value. Since you're a subscriber you could list it in Bartertown and see how it does. The chassis and faceplate look fairly decent so I would think there would be some interest.

Thanks for the response. I think that these old Fishers are great, but I don't know if I am up for the challenge of a restore.

Back
Top Bottom