Fishing Trip

THOR

Fearless Prophet
The boy and I went fishing today on the Penobscot River, it was one of those "perfect" days, no wind, no bugs, caught tons of fish, just a great day!

Jessie James on Monster Garage shaved his head so my son decided he wanted to shave his head ;)

Here's the boy with a fish

Nice looking river,Thor, A lot of Maritimers(people who live in the Maritime provinces(New Brunswick,Nova Scotia,Prince Edward Island for those AKers who are not familiar) go to Penobscot.
It reminds me of rivers here on the Island,pristine,tranquil,ny-quil.

Alan

It's especially nice this time of year when the water is high and it's not all weedy, in the heat of summer it can get a bit swampy in places. This river was once one of the most polluted in the US I think, from the many decades of all the paper mills running logs down it and pumping chemicals in it. You still can not eat a fish out of it, cept atlantic salmon. It has cleaned up well tho and gets better every year. You can often see bald eagles which have also made a remarkable comeback. Tons of smallies in it and during this time of year it's not uncommon for a good fisherman to catch 100 or so in a day. They are river fish and don't grow to huge sizes but they are built like football players and are much stronger than lake fish from living in the current and every so often you'll get a 3 or 4 pounder on and man you better hold on. I wanna get back out there but we fish out of a double kayak and we paddled our asses off Friday, we floated down and fished away but then we had to paddle back to the boat launch upstream a good 2 miles or so and we are spent. We might hit it again tommorow afternoon tho ;)

well i got a nice digital cam for my bday and went to go test it out. So heres the fishing trip score. 94lbs Ahi ( tuna ) ididnt catch it, but my dad did. but thats me in the pic. They come alot bigger than this too.

Thor- I wish my dad had taken the time out to do that w/me when I was a kid....*sigh*...-Sandy G.

Me too, my dad left us and I never saw him again when I was about 8yrs old :(

Haloab awesome fish man! I have always wanted to live in Hawaii after watching "Magnum PI" as a kid ;)

Back
Top Bottom