[FIX] Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Hum [FIX]

bradscoolio

Heya Fellas'

Ground your pre-amp to the ground lead of the turntables power lead, the end that plugs into the rear of the turntable (I just wrapped a cable around it and forced it in :p), as well as the regular ground post.
There must be a resistance between the ground on the power lead and the ground post causing a potential difference. (To my understanding, can't remember how it all worked)

I know this table is pretty renown for it's shitty hum ground loop issues, of which I've suffered for over 6 months with mine. Just wanted to let you know how I fixed it, in case this works for you too (there's apparently a few fixes going around, none of which worked for me).

I tried to find a thread where there was a whole bunch of fixes compiled into one OP, but I can't seem to find it. So here it goes.

Hope this helps ;)

I'm having a similar issue with this turntable. I've tried everything from lifting the ground completely from everything to wiring my pre-amp grounding pin to the socket ground. No matter what I try I can't eliminate this ground loop. Can you elaborate on what this means?

"ground lead of the turntables power lead, the end that plugs into the rear of the turntable". I'm not sure I am following this one as the power to the turntable is off an adapter which does not use a ground pin.

The Project challenge, FIX ME, I'm new from the factory. Best fix is to completely forget the entry/mid level Projects unless you want idiot plastered across your forhead. I'll leave the source anonymous, a retailer I know stated that 9 out of 10 of his Projects were plagued with the hum and Project wasn't going to assist him other than to offer BS fixes that the buyer could try on their own. The retailer wouldn't be reimbursed by Project for the cost of his techs trying to fix the POS Project tables still under warranty. Makes for some very unhappy buyers and retailers of low end Projects that should certainly tarnish the whole line of Project tables.

I consider this 100% helpful to potential Project buyers. The definition of insanity is buying an entry level Project with at least a 90% chance of hearing HUM when it's new out of the box. With those odds I'd like to hear a valid reason other than the Project "challenge" of find my fix for buying one of these tables. I doubt anyone with the technical know how to possibly fix it would be a potential buyer in the first place, that leaves the low audio information clueless Amazon first time buyers that never owned or heard a turntable in their life.

1: That "90%" figure is pulled out of thin air.

2: They are desirable because they're NEW and inexpensive. Not everyone wants to fiddle with a used turntable. Accept that not everyone wants a used turntable.

3: They sound GOOD.

Back
Top Bottom