Fixing Sansui SP-2000

Help with capacitors....
Here's the values from the caps

I've been looking at Parts Express and the .47 and 8 are found but the 2.2, 3.3 and 22 aren't listed in the film caps. Maybe I'm in the wrong place, but I assume these values have to be exact. Here's where I was looking

OK, then I found this page and more are listed but now too many choices. Considering these are going to be in a break room playing background music, real high quality might not be necessary. What would the good choices be?
If you want all your caps to be the same brand, Jantzen for example - Just type in "Jantzen capacitors" and you should see much more... You can use a 8.2 in place of the 8...

Help with capacitors....
Here's the values from the caps

I've been looking at Parts Express and the .47 and 8 are found but the 2.2, 3.3 and 22 aren't listed in the film caps. Maybe I'm in the wrong place, but I assume these values have to be exact. Here's where I was looking

OK, then I found this page and more are listed but now too many choices. Considering these are going to be in a break room playing background music, real high quality might not be necessary. What would the good choices be?
Go Dayton 5% Poly for these speakers. The 22uF can be electrolytic, might have to do a 20 if they don't have 22.

Last edited:
Earlier in the thread someone mentioned they should be bipolar. I don't see that mentioned in most listings. Is this something to verify or something that's pretty much standard (unless it says non-polarized) at Parts Express (I AM learning!!! I now know the difference between radial and axial!!)

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks for the help. I ordered the Dayton. I did order an electrolytic as I didn't find a 22 in the same "family" as the others.

Back
Top Bottom