FLAC Files and PCs

Hey, these sub forums are great, and this PC as music server is even better!! I'd like to chime in on this.

Some already know that I use a dedicated music media server to store my CD's and photos. All my CD's are stored in FLAC for for lossless encoding. I have made some changes to my music server lately as I continue to explore ways to make it more user freindly and less dependant on keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Here is where I'm at: I started off with Meedio as a user interface. Very cool and customizable. This is just like a Tivo interface - big easy to navigate buttons that are easy to see on a regular TV screen, but.....software is still a bit flackey and customer support is non-existant. Currently I am using XLobby and I love it. Totally free front end geard toward the Home Theater PC user. Looks and operates just like Windows Media Center, has many plug-ins, and pretty stable. This front end can handle most any music format - including FLAC files, and it's remote controllable. It also includes a PVR, Net radio, photo viewer, DVD ripper/storage, etc. I love this program - IT'S FREE!!!!

My server recieved several upgrades too to make it easier to use and to reach the ultimate goal of complete independance from the "computer" factor - I want my server to be operated just like any CD/DVD player - with just a remote control and nothing else. I'm really close. I'll post updates on my website later this week. So far so good.

Jimmy

Anybody know which Players will rip the flac format. I see that media player has their version but only works w/ xp I use win 2000

Doug Olitsky said:
Anybody know which Players will rip the flac format. I see that media player has their version but only works w/ xp I use win 2000
Players will rip the flac format?

I usually use dbpoweramp so I can preview but I also use Jet Audio which will rip flac.
Basic does this and is freeware for redbook.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom