Flea Market Fisher CA-880 Find.

wlgrant6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Came across a Fisher CA-880 for $10 at a flea market. Cosmetically great
after light cleanup. But, alas, (not unexpectedly) problems. The power
meter pegs on the left ch when you turn it on, and right ch does nothing.
I have searched Hi, and Low and can't come up with a Schematic for it.
Anyone out there possibly have one they could copy and email me? Suspect
power supply, or power pack amp modules, but need schematic.
Bill at wlgrant6@yahoo.com

Hi Bill and welcome to Audio Karma. The CA-880 is no slouch. It is rated at 80 watts-per-channel. The one I have was sold to me by a woman who died of aids so I am never getting rid of it for sentimental reasons.

First off, did you check both the fuses in the back? If they are there and blown and look blackened, this indicates a shorted module and they need to be replaced.

The power pak (amplifier block) is the STK-0080 and may be hard to find. I had to replace one in mine about 8 years ago. It's still going strong today.

I thought I had seen a schematic for it a while back, so I'll see what I can do. Someone else may pop in here sooner and have one available, but I'll still look.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. Fuses are intact, but not correct value. Much too heavy. As to the stk-0080 packs, they are still avail at $14.06 ea, plus shipping. But I need to
check the power supply before I replace them. Hopefully someone will have a Schematic.

Never did find a schematic, one power pack was bad, so replaced both, had 2 breaks in the foil on the printed ckt board associated with one pack, and speaker select sw
was open on right ch in all positions. Sounds really great now. Wouldn't have fixed it,
except it is a rare silver faced unit, and can't resist those "Silver Faces".

Back
Top Bottom