FM dial lamp position CR-1040

jbailey930

AK Member
Hi all - I've been cleaning up the haul, along with @Gregory, I got from mrlight. So far so good on the 1040 except that the tuning indicator is positioned lower than the dial so the red led doesn't show. See below pics of this. I tried shim and adjusting the rail but it doesn't want to stay. Anyone with insight?
Thanks

yamaha 1040 (1 of 4).jpg
Where the dial position lamp rides on the railyamaha 1040 (3 of 4).jpg
Pulled up to proper spot
yamaha 1040 (2 of 4).jpg

John, it's not too clear what you're describing. Is the RED dial pointer not illuminated well? And you asking how to position or shim the lamp inside the housing? I'm thinking.. use a piece of white polyethylene foam, cut and shape it with an x-acto knife or scissor, cut a slot and fit the lamp/wires inside the foam, and cut/trim the foam to fit inside the carriage. I have a whole box of foam, and some polyethylene foam packing blocks if you need some.You might have to cut and fit 2 or 3 pieces until one works. Foam is cheap and available.

-Greg

Last edited:
John, it's not too clear what you're describing. Is the RED dial pointer not illuminated well? And you asking how to position or shim the lamp inside the housing? I'm thinking.. use a piece of white polystyrene foam, cut and shape it with an x-acto (sp) knife or scissor, cut a slot and fit the lamp/wires inside the foam, and cut/trim the foam to fit inside the carriage. I have a whole box of foam, and some polystyrene foam packing blocks if you need some.You might have to cut and fit 2 or 3 pieces until one works. Foam is cheap and available.

-Greg
HI Greg - I think its now solved. I removed the carrier like you showed me on the in repair 2040. The LED bulb and holder were pushing against the dial lamp display. I reseated the lamp in the carrier and snapped it back in place. Looks good.
thanks,
John

John, I have a couple spare dial pointers if you need one (break the little plastic tabs that hold it together...).

John, I have a couple spare dial pointers if you need one (break the little plastic tabs that hold it together...).
What do you mean by "break the tabs"? With the unit I had on the bench (John has it now) only step needed was to crack the old adhesive (see tabs in photo) and the compartment drops down from the aluminum carriage. It was easy to take apart.

IMG_1417_new.jpg

The wires go into the compartment thru the opening in the aft-right corner. There's a piece of masking tape in between as you can see above. These materials (glue and tape) are all dried out and brittle.

-Greg

You do have to spread the tabs to lift the metal top off the lamp holder. Didn't think you would break the tabs off, but just in case I have spares.

Back
Top Bottom