FNG from Florida

SkidMark

Hi everyone, here is my obligatory introductory post. I am here to learn. I recently downloaded an album by Greta Van Fleet. If you haven't heard them....you need to listen. Anyway, while listening to the album on my laptop and all the great sound it has, I realized that I don't own a Stereo anymore. I used to have a pretty sweet Pioneer system I bought new at the PX in 2001, but I let it go along with other things I had due to a thing called "honey, your stuff is ugly and it doesn't fit with my vision for this room.". I'm pretty sure many of you have experienced something similar in the past.

So, I found some pieces, put them together, and have been making sweet sounds in my house once again. I'm just getting started, but since I have been lurking on here, I have realized that my love for the music is almost match be the interest in have in vintage audio. I have been scouring Goodwill and other second-hand stores, Craigslist and even hit up my neighbors. So far, I have found a near mint Sansui 777 with the walnut case. I married it to a Technics turntable..not a great one, but it sounds pretty good to me, and a Fisher Tuner. I just found some pretty cool Marantz speakers too, that are in great condition, and sound pretty decent. I'm doing pretty good at finding the sweet deals on stuff. I don;t have the money to make this an expensive hobby, but I have a feeling it may end up that way.

I look forward to browsing these forums and and maybe some day I will actually be able to contribute something useful. Thanks for having me.

Back
Top Bottom