Foam Costs Through The Roof

Here's to Bill for thinking about AK to recycle this stuff. I made off with quite a haul. Now the problem is where do I put it all?

Thanks again Bill.

- Pete

LBPete said:
Here's to Bill for thinking about AK to recycle this stuff. I made off with quite a haul. Now the problem is where do I put it all?

Thanks again Bill.

- Pete

Yep, that's being envrironmentally conscious. This stuff should always be recycled until its down to the micron size.

Hey Pete, you can now fill planters with artificial flower beds, that's what my mom used to do with styrofoam in the 60's.

Hope you get to send a lot of stuff with it.

Regards,

Bart

bills said:
Here is a sample of what i have.
this is less than half.
bill
HMMM, what's wrong with this picture?? Christmas lights, some cactus plants and trees with green leaves, sure doesn't look like Michigan around Christmas time!! We don't have any snow either yet, I haven't fired up the snow blower in 2 years, Dave. :sigh:

attachment.php

dgwojo said:
HMMM, what's wrong with this picture?? Christmas lights, some cactus plants and trees with green leaves, sure doesn't look like Michigan around Christmas time!! We don't have any snow either yet, I haven't fired up the snow blower in 2 years, Dave. :sigh:

attachment.php

sorry but in ca. if it gets below 40 it's cold !!!!
the cactus don't like it too cold ( snow? what is that?)

bill

bills said:
sorry but in ca. if it gets below 40 it's cold !!!!
the cactus don't like it too cold ( snow? what is that?)

bill
40 is our high if we're lucky!!!

Attachments

• Winter_Sucks.jpg
    Winter_Sucks.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 260
Catcus grows well here. This is a neighbors house. It's grown this big in just a few years. Too bad she didn't put some Christmas lights on it.

- Pete

Attachments

• Christmas Catcus.jpg
    Christmas Catcus.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33
Has anyone else tried fan-fold? The insulation they wrap houses in now. It is only about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick but it is plastic wrapped.

Jim

merrylander said:
Well as I told all my friends back in November, go and vote - and fill up on the way home.:D

Rob

Maybe people filled up before they went to vote, and cast their vote while the "pain" was still fresh in their minds. Let's see if the new "regime" can do something positive and very soon!

Cheers,

Doug

merrylander said:
Well as I told all my friends back in November, go and vote - and fill up on the way home.:D

Vote in November... There's the problem.

Things might be different in Washington if election day were April 15. :scratch2:

Just find a local furniture store. You may have to go a few days but when they unpack their stuff you will get a car load of packing materials for no cost (unless you count your time).

LBPete said:
Haven't heard of it. Do you have a picture?

- Pete
It is used a lot to increase the R value for insulation, as well as give a flat surface when siding a house. There are many brands available, I have been using some I have left from residing my house. It should be available at your local Home Center. In some parts of the country it is now required when either building new or remodeling.

http://oikos.com/esb/47/fanfold.html

Jim

Attachments

• amofoam2.jpg
    amofoam2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 14
LBPete said:
Is it like a plastic corrugated material?

- Pete

No, it is white (sometimes colored) styrofoam that is plactic coated, the coating is about like a saran type wrap, it is the type of styrofoam that is the large beaded, not the dense like the pink for burying along a foundation but with the plastic wrap it minimizes puncture, static and mess.

The panels are usually 2' X 4' and joined together by the plastic covering which is easily cut apart.

I will try to remember to take some better pictures of some that I have at home.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom