Follow Up to Another Bad Ebay Seller

Stanton681EEES

Addicted Member
I don’t believe this guy he wants me to ship the Lp back to him in England and pay postage and then he'd give me a refund. Now think about this I send Lp back to a seller who has sold me an Lp which
1 was not in condition stated.
2 was not as listed (sold me a 73 pressing listed as a 69 pressing)
3 was damaged in shipping do to poor packing.
So besides me having already paid for something that I'd of never bid on had I known was in fact as I said a 73 pressing and not a 69 pressing.
He'd have my money and the Lp and I’d be paying an additional amount of around $15.00 dollars cause you dam well sure got to know I'd insure this to cover my ass. I have only twice left negative feedback but in this case I'm so close to saying screw it and take the loss. A friend of mine said I should see if he'd let me keep the Lp and get say a partial refund.
UGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. This whole thing sucks big time. You know these type of sellers kill me oh they expect you as buyer to live up to your bid and abide by ebay rules, but then when they screw you big time they don't want to honor what they sold you which in this case isn't what I thought I was buying and then they try and preach to you about all the ebay rules. Yep like I said it before all the protection is with the seller and screw the buyer.

What do you think I should do.?

Or one more thing when he replied he got on his high horse about how my attitude was very unprofessional as to me being pissed off when I sent my first e-mail.

Stanton

Contact Pay Pal for a refund of your payment, if the item was in poor condition and you can prove it. :thmbsp:

Fly to England and break his knees.

The only time I got burned on e-bay was for an original owners manual for the Carver M-500t power amp that I paid $8 for (the manual, not the amp). The clown sent me a photocopy of a Onkyo M-504 owners manual. When I e-mailed him, I got the same response you did. Yeah, I'm going to rush down to the post office (burning gas), stand in line (wasting time which is money), to spend MORE money than we contracted for, so you can have back something that cost you 50 cents to repro, and $1 to ship. All because of your inattention to detail. Negative feedbacked the shit out of him I did.

Then about a week later I got my first Onkyo M-504 power amp, which came with no owners manual. He eventually got banned from e-bay. The Circle of Life.

TA

I haven't purchased anything off e-bay in at least 2 or 3 years. It's just not worth the roll of the dice, or dealing with charlatans who try the old, "Bought it at an estate sale, I don't know anything about this stuff, but it does light up when switched on."

I have never sold anything on e-bay either.

TA

eBay

Toasted Almond said:
I haven't purchased anything off e-bay in at least 2 or 3 years. It's just not worth the roll of the dice, or dealing with charlatans who try the old, "Bought it at an estate sale, I don't know anything about this stuff, but it does light up when switched on."

I have never sold anything on e-bay either.

TA

From someone who has bought and sold a few things on eBay I agree mostly. . . I am also tired of the work it is just to get something decent anymore. Seems that words dont mean a damn thing anymore. I know there are legit sellers and buyers still but every day it seems to get worse and worse.

I have had good results as a whole but they are getting to be fewer and fewer. I just bought a described "Perfect" pair of little ARs. They came in a huge sack full of peanuts. What was once a big box was a wrinkled sack by the time I got it. The UPS lady was dragging it across the lawn in the rain to my door. Fortunatly the little ARs only suffered minor injurys, however it was painfully obvious that they were never perfect to begin with. Big scratches on every surface, edges rough. . . only thing decent is they are black and blend in for rear speakers. This from a seller with about 500 for feedback and an average of 99.6 positive.

Even the buyers are getting screwey. . . So many newbies that are bid crazy or who dont read and think they are buying from Wal-Mart where they have 30 days to make up their minds. . .

Oh well I will work it out. . . after all how else can you reach so many buyers. . . I refuse to believe its all bad. . . getting harder but I guess thats the part of the hidden costs.

I will say when I find something I want and it is a high dollar item the telephone goes into service or I dont buy or bid on the item.

Just today I tried to get information on some speakers on auction and I got the "They are not mine" bit and the "Worked last time I tried it" deal. . . I dont mind buying from original owners or known good guys like retro_stereo and a few others on this forum. Its strange for such a big place just how small it really is.

It is much more refreshing to be a buyer or seller at a place like AK. Let's face it, except for the guys who live close to each other and can meet face to face, we're all really strangers here. I have perfect strangers here send me HUNDREDS of dollars, and why? Because somebody did it before, and said I'm trustworthy. There are times when I'll ship something out to a perfect stranger before I receive payment for it, and why? Because somebody here who I trust said that individual was trustworthy. It doesn't happen all the time, but I'll do it for someone I get a good feel for, and especially if I can get an item to that person on a Friday. That way they have the whole weekend to mess with whatever it is they coveted, and also maybe to knock a couple days off their waiting time.

These are not even handshake deals for crying out loud. We are basically back at where this country got started. We are here taking each others WORD that we will perform as we SAY we will. If that isn't shit hot I don't know what is. If it isn't an example to all others I don't know what is.

TA

I stick with e-bay sellers I have had success in the past with!

I have my favorites that I watch and buy from. If from a unknown, I only bid on cheap stuff so I am only burnt on the cheap.
Ron

Ron, I say that's bullshit. You may only lose $10 in money, but scumbags that don't perform take a little piece of YOU away. How about the fact that you are sending money for something you WANT? Something you got a little excited about owning, and then POOF, the good feeling is gone. It becomes one less person you can trust on this planet.

In the past tense, the $10 may not seem like a lot. Let's call it $20 instead of $10. If you're a working man, try this. Let's say you earn $20 per hour on the job. Would you like to go to work Monday, knowing ahead of time that the first hour of the week you're going to work is so someone else can burn you for the pay you earned in that hour? Think you'd feel good working for that one hour?

That's the way I see it.

I mentioned an instance above where I got burned for $8. I ALMOST got burned for $25 once on ebay. Bid on a coolman Toshiba CD player and got it for $25. Sent a personal check for $25 to the guy in California. To the rocket scientist's HOUSE went the money order. Three weeks goes by and it becomes apparent I'm not getting my item. I had to go on a 3 day trip with the job, and right before I did, I sent the scummer one last e-mail. Basically told him to enjoy the $25, and pointed out that I fly all over the country for a living. Just a matter of time before you come home from work and I'm sitting on your front steps waiting for you. That Toshiba cd player got shipped Priority Mail and was waiting for me when I got home from the trip. Not long after, I start getting e-mails from the U.S Postal Service authorities investigating this guy. Seems like he was beating people all over the country, and dumb enough to tell people he would ship via U.S. Postal Service. I honestly had to tell them that I didn't get burnt, but only because of that last e-mail I sent him.

TA

I'm convinced what we are seeing on Ebay is only going to get worse until Ebay steps in and does something. Their "do nothing" attitude isn't going to change until it affects their bottom line. The feedback system is only a start and they should take action sooner on both buyers and sellers who are dishonest.

A good example is our friend Vlad. This guy has personally destroyed more audio equipment imaginable with his poor packing. To say nothing about his constant misrepresentation of the gear he sells. Never accepting responsibility for his actions and ruining feedback history of honest buyers with his retalitory feedback. We all know of other sellers just like him. Ebay does nothing.

On the other hand you can't protect people from themselves. Do stupid buyers who choose to ignore negative feedback deserve what they get? Maybe, but sellers whose negative feedback reflect their way of doing business ought not be allowed to continue to sell.

Now I'm reading on AK that the best way to get help on a bad deal with a bad seller is using Paypal if you paid thru them! Where's Ebay? Doing nothing as always.

IMHO.

Terry

The following is only my opinion. It has no relation to what happened to people on this thread.

What happens if the seller think the buyer is ripping him off? Maybe the buyer got the right goods and now wants them for free - by complaining that it's not the right product, etc.

It could happen, you know. Probably does.

If this is the situation, the seller should refund all costs including shipping the item back to him, once he has proof that the order was screwed up - by him.

Just a thought.

anyone have any idea on how far back you can go for paypal? i got burned on a tranaction from another site (if i ever go the 200 km south i'll look this guy up and go kick his ass) but he never shipped the item...... i wonder if i cna get a refund from 2 years back, 250$ is a heck of a lot

Rockmonton said:
anyone have any idea on how far back you can go for paypal? i got burned on a tranaction from another site (if i ever go the 200 km south i'll look this guy up and go kick his ass) but he never shipped the item...... i wonder if i cna get a refund from 2 years back, 250$ is a heck of a lot

PayPal will only go back 30 days. I ordered a bunch of parts from the Fisher Doc, which never arrived. I contacted PayPal and was told that there was nothing they could do after 30 days. They did however enter the compalint into his file. I finally did get my order nearly 90 days after paying for it but, only after I sent a letter via regular mail telling him that I was going to file complaints with The Better Busines Bureau, NY Attorney General, etc.

Clyde

Thanks to all who replied. Funny thing about all of this is things were going smoothly as far as buying from ebay as I had been buying from a lot of good and honest sellers in the UK and I might add I do lots of times over look certain things with Lp's but in this case after listening to the LP twice I said no frigging way I'm not excepting this. I've tread these waters before, back when I was new at bidding and didn’t no the ebay game I did get burned on a Beatles Lp and of coarse after several e-mails to that useless piece of cow dung I did the rite thing paid $7.50 with insurance and delivery confirmation to cover my ass to send back an Lp that was worth 50cents as I trusted this jerk, would refund my money. Well bottom line in that case was I got ripped for a total of $43.00 last time I ever sent a money order. Oh in that case that jerk got bared from Ebay after ripping of an attorney’s wife for $300.00, and I might add he or she thought well someone ripped me off so turn-about is fair play UGHHHHHHHHHHH. See it's not so much the Lp hell I can live with that it's the principle of the thing. Example I can bet you 100 out of 100 people if I was selling you a 1967 corvette in totally restored condition had been stored never saw a winter and you see what are reasonable good pictures of it and of coarse you bid you win and what shows up at your door is a 68 corvette NOW that may be a corvette but it ain't what you thought you were getting, and as I said this clown expects me to pay out of my pocket an additional amount to fix his screw up and to trust him that he will refund my total on lp and postage but I’m, still out say $12.00 to $15.00 dollars for a record I paid $22.00 dollars for when in the first place he out and out lied in his description so if I did do that he’d have my money plus the Lp and I can see his e-mail to me I hate to inform you but this isn’t the LP I sent you. So no refund. NO THANKS JACK ASS I’ll go the ebay paypal route and hopefully get some justice there.

Stanton :thmbsp:

PS one more thing I went and looked at his feeback again and in every case where someone left him negative he had a reply as though it was there fault.
Just like good old Vlad.

I have bought a lot of stuff on eBay including cameras, lens, books, and audio equipment. This includes four amps, four tuners, several receivers and TTs. Except for a perfect Dual 1219 that was destroyed in shipping because of bad packing of my luck with sellers has been good. But as time goes by, I'm getting really gunshy. Everytime I open a box I feel like I'm shooting craps. My advice is to deal with people that have shipped electronics before and have good feedback about past electronics deals. Ask questions about shipping and tell them how you think it should be packed. Pay for double boxing. It's better than insurance but by all means, buy that too. Get them to use the USPS if possible. I don't buy from people who use FedX or UPS. Try making a claim and you'll know why. All claims have to go through the seller and he refunds the buyer. A high pucker factor way of doing business if ever there was one. :thumbsdn:

Last edited:
Bob

Are you kidding me ? Your missing out on a lot of great gear and blaming it on the shipper.

Put the blame where it belongs. Squarely on the shoulders of the poor packing sellers.

Wanna know why your having trouble putting in claims with FedEx and UPS. Because your not allowed to. That the sellers job.

Grumpy,
I was editing my post as you spoke. I know what you're saying but still, I don't use UPS or FedX. It's my rule and I'm sticking with it! :yes:

Last edited:
I don't buy any heavy items when the seller ship USPS... it will be broken.

UPS and Fed Ex are the same I think when it comes to safe shipping.
Last month UPS lost a 55 lbs package to California insured for $ 400.00
Called the claim department, faxed the info over and what the customer paid, 6 days later after investigating + buyer signed he never got the package = claim was ready.
Paid $ 400.00 + shipping cost $ 36.80. No hassel at all.

Back
Top Bottom