Football - Nebraska Vs Maine

Shain

Hey Thor,

How about the Ne - Maine game this Sat 8/3 ??

Maine must need the money. Why are they playing Ne.? :no:

Nebraska just wants another early home game to get the newbies ready to play in the Big 12. Got lots of babies to train. :yes:

UMaine has been doing this the past couple of years I think they are trying to get the football program up to the level of the hockey one not only repect wise but fanbase and popularity wise :confused:

Football is serious stuff around here. Nebraska is going to be ready for them.

The Huskers have a lot to prove, and a statement to make. New highly rated guys want to prove their stuff. But their newbies.

Callahan's west coast offensive system is much more in place, and now has a quarterback(s) that can run it.

Well it's expected that Nebraska beats them handily I know Umaine has tried for games like these in the past and been turned down by some schools since they really have nothing to gain from them and a lot to lose.

The mighty Vols have an offer on the table from a certain Bruton Smith to play Virginia Tech-Hokie High- at the Bristol Speedway. Both teams will get $20 million. It's ALL about the Benjamins, boys...Bruton owns Bristol International Raceway, & several more tracks, I believe. You can bet if he shells out $40 million, he'll make back 80, anyhow. Guy ain't no fool....-Sandy G.

I'm pretty sure Maines payout will be about $1,000,000 (million $$) for the Nebraska home game.

Not bad even if they get spanked :yes:

(Ne. will take in about $5,000,000 in tickets, eats, etc, Seats are about $55 each.)

In addition all the bars, hotels, resturants will take in mucho $$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom