For all you that have over 10,000 posts here on audiokarma consider this

Fun stuff for sure, Sir! :)

Harvestor, think of the fact (it is verifiable) that I was completely offline from December 2010 to June 2012, not a single post in that period of time. And yes - I am not married. :D

:):):)
I was offline for 2-3 years and have only wished happy birthday only a handful of times since 2013. I also deleted a bunch of posts. :)

dying-gif-13.gif

I've been able to upgrade my stereo systems because of the information I've found on AK. I've met several like-minded people in my area and get together with them which is fun. I've learned a lot about areas of music I knew little about before I became a member. I've gotten to meet people from all over the world who I probably never would have bumped into in the real world. I'd say overall much of the time on AK has been well spent. :thumbsup:

I think that the connect is, GET OUT THERE. Life is too short to be on a screen too much of the time.

I'd guess that numerous posts are being made FROM OUT THERE by folks using smartphones, tablets, etc. Thus you can have your (AK) cake and eat it, too.

A note: it is rather well documented that formation and perpetuation of friendships, whether virtual or in (so-called) "real" physical spaces, go a long way in promoting satisfaction, enjoyment, and likely longevity. Many of us have made friends, close friends, during our years @ this board (ie, AK), and thus the myriad posts often are a reflection of a lot of contact made between friends. Hell, the OP hasn't even considered the realm of "Conversations" (Private Messages in the old days), through which some, possibly many, of us converse daily, weekly, monthly, annually in what amounts to (several) hundreds of exchanges. I might have 39,000 (and some change) posts, but I'll bet I have clocked TWICE that number of conversations/PMs since 2006.

Consider that.

Last edited:
I will pass my 60000 posts milestone at AudioKarma in January. AudioKarma is one of the pleasures of my life. :thumbsup:

Wait... what was the topic of this thread? ;)

:beerchug:

And, in the offing, you have established your "virtual" self as a community leader @ these forums, Chris. As they (write) in Russia: Отлично!

@Mystic gives me an idea for a new post. .
Or I can just ask it here. ..

How many Audiokarma members
( primarily ) are visiting here and Posting using their smartphones and not a desktop computer or laptop. .. this would make a good poll question.
Myself the answer is 100% of the time on my smartphone.

If this phone is considered "smart", then Jethro Bodine was a Rhodes Scholar!

And, in the offing, you have established your "virtual" self as a community leader @ these forums, Chris. As they (write) in Russia: Отлично!

How do you pronounce this Russian word? Prnjemoskp?

@Harvestor

I have no smartphone. BTW - feel free to start a poll on the topic you mentioned in your last post... :)

I joined in 2005 I think and have a bit over 5k posts pretty sure I am not going to live long enough to see 10k

Zebrablvd is out walking his dog along the Ohio river right now. But he created me, his AI AK posting bot to insure he keeps his post count up while he is away.

Long Live The Master!!

Post #28,862

some people that have been on here at audiokarma forum for over 10 years that have less than a thousand posts

This person might just come here when they need help

then there are those that have been here 2 years and have 20,000 posts

This person might be here to help everyone who needs it.

Now I know for a fact that people get a post count from different activities they conduct here. Some play games and rack up a lot as do the ones posting in the music threads.

Some don't get as many as fast because they might be typing out long post and working with someone who is here for help. Or posting opinions in threads as a discussion like this one.

I know for me that I'll participate in helping people out and in discussion where you actually have thought out content to post. I'v also in the past year been posting in music threads where I can rack up 20 post in a evening, this didn't take much time out of my life, not to mention the post is not taking my time the music is.

Now you see, you just took time out of my life, but that's why I'm here.

Back
Top Bottom