For Detroit FM Listeners - New Classical and Jazz Station

Just tuned it in. Thanks !

Rats its too damn close to CBE for me to pull it in on my KLH. Thought CBE was it. Guess i better get off my lazy ass and hook up its antenna. I hate my area !

That's frustrating. I think you were mentioning you have trouble with a couple other stations as well. Hope the antenna helps. For what its worth, my HK 730 pulls it in just fine with a di-pole from my office, which is in a building that is a Bermuda Triangle for radio signals.

Last edited:
This station is a joint effort fronted by some very enthusiastic Classical music supporters in the area. We are very lucky, as they have been trying for over a year to get this off the ground. 50,0000 watts of power I think, and some very dedicated people. Have your friends tune in.
Larry

I can pull it in ok with my Sansui but I been lazy and loaned out my antenna for the KLH. In the black hole of an area im in even DET's 40,000 watts cannot get through all the time. :(

Thanks for the info

But, I can't pick it up on the basement rig, I too, am antennaly challenged.

Not to Hijack the thread but I've been listening to 93.1 DOUG FM lately very cool/
intriguing format, anything goes!

I will check out the one mentioned here though, thanks!

Granted, most people can't hear it, but allegedly the radios (from Boston Acoustics and Radiosophy) are only mere weeks from arriving (then they postpone them, yet again)...I have a pre-order for two Radiosophy HD Radios.

WMGC "Magic", on 105.1 (the former Classical WQRS) has also started a secondary program called "More Magic", which during the day features softer pop (than featured on the main Magic channel), but at night and on the weekends features Classical Music. If you're one of the few with an HD Radio, you have a choice of HD-1 (the regular programming), or HD-2 ("More Magic, described above).

Back
Top Bottom