1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

For fun, sport and wow

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by powerman, Jun 2, 2018.

1. powerman

powerman AK Subscriber Subscriber

This Smith & Wesson XVR460 is so much fun shooting but can be a real handful with the extreme loads. I like it very much due to the versatility being able to shoot 45Colt, 454Casull and the 460's. The only loads that are a little painful are the 300 to 360 grain full house loads. Any other members shoot these rounds and do you like the 460 round. I have shot about 250 rounds it can be costly. From L to R 45Colt 44Mag 460 Mag

DSCN5435.JPG

Bobcat and soundmotor like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

soundmotor likes this.
  3. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

The big wheelgun calibers interest the hell out of me (.480 Ruger too) but I am not sure I'd ever own one. Gave up on my Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. Admittedly that's a terrible package to tame recoil, shooting that from a Model 29 S&W way better. It's this comment on the .460 S&W that gets me (from wiki) "....utilizing 300 grain bullets, the recoil is more likely to feel like "three times" that of what a .44 Magnum...". Geebus! Also available in a snub nose for the true masochist -

[​IMG]

This gets my attention though, .460 S&W levergun w/ suppressor -

[​IMG]

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/04/22/big-horn-armory-silencerco-team-rifle/

4. powerman

powerman AK Subscriber Subscriber

Smith & Wesson 500 Mag Performance Center this one starts to feel uncomfortable after 20 rounds
    121.JPG