For the conspiracy theorists among us ...

8th March 03 is apparently International Womans Day ... maybe he's getting a sex change that day ... and posting nudie pics? :eek:

If that IS the case it will shock and scare people ... and change the future ...
:D

Isn't that date when THOR comes out of the closet and admits he likes sipping wine listening to Jazz on vinyl using a SET amp and horns?

Maybe he found Thor's camera with his holiday snaps - froliking nekkid in the wilderness - might have mistaken him for a yeti? :D

After a brief search is seems that 8march2003.com is registered to the same guy as siginysis.com which leads me to believe this is a hoax/publicity stunt.

But I guess we'll have to wait till March to see...

Dave

Dave,

How did you work that out?

I did a bit of checking ...

The domains was registered by (well on behalf of someone by):
Domains by Proxy, Inc
15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160
PMB533
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

It was created and reg'd on the 10th of October 2002.

It's hosted/registered using Go Daddy Software to prevent the user being tracked back to an original source.

Its running on IIS v5.0 Win2K ... my guess on 8th March 2003 .. it will crash.

Reading into it ... my guess is that its either:

1. A fake terrorist website planning "things to come". Playing on all those paranoid about terrorist attacks since Sept 11.

2. Or more realistically ... a pre-released media bomb announcing the release of The Matrix 2:Reloaded.

This movie is scheduled for release 15 March 2003. Read the website heavily. The story is based on it almost 100%. The camera (his pc), the info (The Matrix), everyone after him and on the run constantly ... and that all will be revealed in the end.

3. Lastly ... it is possible it's another freak that thinks he's been abducted by aliens and that the apocolypse is coming to kill us all on the 8 March 2003, when the aliens will descend on my house, and remove all the p0rn from my pc. :D

Personally I think some version of (2) to be the most likely.

Okay, that was registered on 10-10-02 and on 10-16-02 someone posts this (which is the first mention of the site on usenet)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...-8&selm=rhdr9.16112$Sr6.522175@ozemail.com.au (note both from Australia)

Using the email address gintilas@siginysis.com, if you look at siginysis.com it's also registered through godaddy.com to prevent if from being tracked.

Somone also posted that the siginysis site had similarities to the march8 site, but I think they've since changed it.

Also, if you read the march8 site they talk about stuff in usenet postings. Me thinks they started the first thread about this site in usenet.

Dave

You might be right there - either the creator of the site or someone in "the know". Some people do make a habit of spamming various forums and newsgroups with this type of thing, but I think it is a bit suspect that he has used a couple of different addresses logged from the same IP.

just got three more?
I mean I like this thread..but hey...oh shit..i got more mail...one more notice...ohoh!
md

There was a problem with the site. I kept trying to post and it didn't work. You must have been getting an email everytime I tried. It's working now.

Dave

Last edited:
Not to mention he was the first person to post the site, just days after it was registered.

And all three domain names I mentioned are registered through godaddy.

There are similarities between the three sites

The postings from "Jimbo" contradict each other

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=a...=XqAr9.16596$Sr6.535039@ozemail.com.au&rnum=7

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=a...=BQat9.18465$Sr6.580824@ozemail.com.au&rnum=1

I think it's pretty clear the spammer is trying to promote the site, and not just find out answer and opinions.

I sent an email to George to ask him if he's still hiding from the "people" in the black van. :D I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Dave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom