For those that use LMS, what control app do you use?

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by botrytis, Mar 10, 2018.

1. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

So, I have been using Daphile recently (again - it is fun to go through all the new Beta versions as they keep improving) which uses LMS, I have been trying 3 different Android apps for control - Orange Squeeze, Squeezer, and Squeeze Cntrl. The last gives more information and control but it is more complicated. If I want very simple I go to Orange Squeeze.

What do others use?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ldatlof

ldatlof We are all steak Subscriber

I use SqueezeCommander. It has not been updated in a long time but it works fine with all the new LMS updates and plugins. I also have Squeezer because it was free but I never use it.

3. geespot

geespot PUT it IN MY POCKET

Squeezer is what I use to control Max2Play on 3 pi's

Easy for me to use and its free

4. gcgst

gcgst Active Member

Squeeze Commander

5. mprince

mprince AK Subscriber Subscriber

I use orange squeeze, I think I have Squeeze Commander installed on a device you but don't use it.

6. satkinsn

satkinsn low end audio Subscriber

Squeeze Cntrl is cross platform Android and Windows, so I tend to use that. If you have an iOS device, iPeng is very popular, though I struggle with the interface. On iPads, there is the very elegant Squeezepad, which is my favorite. That said, I also like OrangeSqueeze on Android, and use it some.

It appears I have accumulated a lot of Squeezebox controllers.

s.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  7. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

iPeng in an iOS environment. Also allows either iPhone or iPad to be used as playback device.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

What challenge(s) do you face? Perhaps I can assist.

ldatlof likes this.
  9. botrytis

@E-Stat - way to step and help!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been using Squeeze Control more now - it has more info but is more complicated.

10. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

No problemo!

What additional info does it provide?

11. botrytis

file type, Sample Rate. Bit depth, File length, etc. and you can actually view the raw tags among other things. It is also very user adjustable interface also. Quick pic....

upload_2018-3-12_15-27-40.png

12. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  13. botrytis

Since I don't use iOS, that app is not for me :D

I get that info when I use JRiver and JRemote but for LMS and Android - Squeeze Cntrl is the only one that gives it.

14. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

Thanks for the clarification.

15. KrisM

KrisM Addicted Member

I don't have any challenges with it, since I'm not using it, but would ipeng be a good choice for a setup with iphones/pads as the player(s) combined with an older Windows computer, like Vista?
    And can one idevice be used to control another one?

I'm doing alright playback-wise right now, but I'm always open to new options.

16. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

Sure. I use Win7. An iPad Air2 using Shure se535 IEMs is my "bedroom system". It also serves as my primary remote when listening to the main system upstairs. I use an iPhone to control the garage system since I'm normally walking around.

Yes. One can control any LMS attached based player. I'm running a number of different player types: microRendu, piCorePlayer, Squeezelite-Win and iPeng.

17. KrisM

KrisM Addicted Member

Cool, thanks!

18. satkinsn

satkinsn low end audio Subscriber

Nothing serious, and I *do* use it. I just find the interface not as intuitive as some of the others. (That said, iPeng is arguably a better pick for power users, offering more options, and very good support.)

s.

19. super josh

super josh New Member

I use Orange Squeeze on my Android tablet or just the plain ol' web interface on my Chrome book :)

Cheers,

Josh

20. SoundSea

SoundSea New Member

I use Orange Squeeze as a remote and pair it with Squeeze Player for streaming to my phone. Unfortunately it's been a few years since I explored everything on the market and settled on this so I can't recall all my reasoning. I remember not liking Squeeze Control at all. They were all flawed but Orange Squeeze seemed the best. They all organized my music in some different way, none that I liked. The best among them seems to be iPeng, which I can't use but is installed on my wife's phone.