For You Harley Guys.......

usedto

Lunatic Member
Arthur Davidson, one of the inventors of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, died and went to heaven.

At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is that you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.'

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, ' I want to hang out with God.'

St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God.

God recognized Arthur and commented, 'Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson motorcycle? '

Arthur said, 'Yeah, that's me....'

God commented: 'Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise, leaks oil, pollutes, and is worthless unless on asphalt?

Arthur was a bit embarrassed, but finally spoke, 'Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?'

God said, 'Uh, yes.'

'Well,' said Arthur, 'professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention !

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end suspension
2. It chatters constantly.
3. Most rear ends are too big and wobble a lot.
4. The noise is almost unbearable.
5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!!!

'Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there,' replied God, 'hold on.'

God went to his Celestial supercomputer, typed in a few words and waited for the results.

The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.

'Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed,' God said to Arthur, 'but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours'.

Owning a Harley is as bad as paying alimony My brother owns a Harley customizing shop they aslo do service and major repairs. And from what I can tell you end up buying the things about 3 times before you have the since to move on. The seriously flawed guys own more then one. We have one of the dump truck drivers at work that has 5 or 6 including a completely show level restored 1957 Servicar I think he could have bought another house with that money.

Owning a Harley is as bad as paying alimony My brother owns a Harley customizing shop, from what I can tell you end up buying the things about 3 times before you have the since to move on. .

?????????....:scratch2:....:scratch2:....:wtf:

Meh,mine have mostly been good to me,had quite a few over the years and have owned as many as three at one time but I'm down to just one purchased new in January 2000 and now sporting 160,000 miles on the clock.
I all those miles no major break downs and never had to walk.
Like any machine it's all in the care and maintenance,H-Ds are very simple machines to work on so maintenance is easy to do yourself and they really don't require a lot these days.
I've rolled more than one over 100,000 miles with good reliability.

The lowrider in my avatar is a 1978.I have put just short of 150,000mi on it I got it in 97.It is the most reliable bike Iv owned and I have owned about every thing honda ever made at one time or another. new valve guides every other year and good gas and its happy.

Sorry if I was confusing. I see him doing thousands of dollars of work on guys Harleys. And 2-3 years later they are changing them all around again.

I'm not so much talking maintaince as customizing. Unless you guys didn't know they don't come from the factory looking like show bikes they come looking like Stock bikes.

Granted I am sure there are herds of Harley ownerd that never change a chrome plated license plate bolt on their bikes. But he has 5-10 bikes in his shop all the time with about a 1-2 week turn around that are being changed modified maintained fixed etc'ed So someone is spending a lot of money on them. His sales the one year I know of was well over 1/2 million And keep in mind he sells no more then a couple complete bikes a year.

Owning a Harley is as bad as paying alimony My brother owns a Harley customizing shop they aslo do service and major repairs. And from what I can tell you end up buying the things about 3 times before you have the since to move on. The seriously flawed guys own more then one. We have one of the dump truck drivers at work that has 5 or 6 including a completely show level restored 1957 Servicar I think he could have bought another house with that money.
I don't think that enjoying your passion is a flaw. Knee-jerk negativity is a bummer, whether it is about a certain speaker we share, or a motorcycle we don't share.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Sorry if I was confusing. I see him doing thousands of dollars of work on guys Harleys. And 2-3 years later they are changing them all around again.

I'm not so much talking maintaince as customizing. Unless you guys didn't know they don't come from the factory looking like show bikes they come looking like Stock bikes.

Granted I am sure there are herds of Harley ownerd that never change a chrome plated license plate bolt on their bikes. But he has 5-10 bikes in his shop all the time with about a 1-2 week turn around that are being changed modified maintained fixed etc'ed So someone is spending a lot of money on them. His sales the one year I know of was well over 1/2 million And keep in mind he sells no more then a couple complete bikes a year.

Sounds like he caters to mostly a rubbie clientele,lots of us keep our bikes more stock than not and many of us do our own work.
There are a lot of rubs (rich urban bikers) out there that change bikes more often than underwear and spend tons of money on chrome and engine mods just to ride the thing once in a while on sunny Sunday afternoon but they're not what most of us consider true bikers.
It's just not my cup-o-joe,I don't even wash mine till it gets really dirty because I treat it like most people treat their daily drive car as transpo rather than garage art.
I could show you pics of my Harleys going back nearly 30 years all looking more stock than not.
I spend my money on tires maintenance gas and roadtrips.:D
Lots of us go by the old adage that "chrome don't get ya home":smoke:
Don't get me wrong though,I've got nothing against rubs,more power to 'em if they have the money to have an expensive bike in the garage for a toy and to pay some other guy lots of money to customize it for them.
It's all good,the only ones I have a problem with are the snobs with a $50K bike that think they're too good to talk to or ride with some less fortunate guy (or gal) on a beat up old $1800 Sportster held together with duct tape and chewing gum because that's all he can afford.
I'll ride with or chat it up on the road with anyone on two wheels when I'm out on my bike.

33 on 3/18/10

Come March 18, I will have owned this one for 33 years.

My dealer couldn't afford to maintain a goldfish on what he's made on me in the years since!

MVC-002F-3.jpg

Come March 18, I will have owned this one for 33 years.

MVC-002F-3.jpg

Nice Shovel man,I've always had a soft spot for Superglides/Low Riders.
I had an early '84 FXRS Lowglide for 10 years,one of the very first Evos,it still had the old Shovel style dry clutch and a chain drive.
Man I miss that bike sometimes,I did 100,000 miles on it before having the top end freshened up with new SE pistons,Dan Baisley heads and an Andrews EV27 cam.
That bike had 145,000 miles on the clock last time I saw it and the cases had never been apart,I sold it to a friend at 125,000 miles and it had never left me stranded.
My friend sold it 6 or 7 years ago and I lost track of it sadly.
I rode her to Sturgis SD from here on the left coast twice,one time doing 6000 miles in 9 days.
I'd probably still have it if the wife could ride along with some level of comfort but it just wasn't a two up long haul bike for old people lol.

HOG004.jpg

Sounds like he caters to mostly a rubbie clientele,lots of us keep our bikes more stock than not and many of us do our own work.
There are a lot of rubs (rich urban bikers) out there that change bikes more often than underwear and spend tons of money on chrome and engine mods just to ride the thing once in a while on sunny Sunday afternoon but they're not what most of us consider true bikers.
It's just not my cup-o-joe,I don't even wash mine till it gets really dirty because I treat it like most people treat their daily drive car as transpo rather than garage art.
I could show you pics of my Harleys going back nearly 30 years all looking more stock than not.
I spend my money on tires maintenance gas and roadtrips.:D
Lots of us go by the old adage that "chrome don't get ya home":smoke:
Don't get me wrong though,I've got nothing against rubs,more power to 'em if they have the money to have an expensive bike in the garage for a toy and to pay some other guy lots of money to customize it for them.
It's all good,the only ones I have a problem with are the snobs with a $50K bike that think they're too good to talk to or ride with some less fortunate guy (or gal) on a beat up old $1800 Sportster held together with duct tape and chewing gum because that's all he can afford.
I'll ride with or chat it up on the road with anyone on two wheels when I'm out on my bike.

In his current location I believe the majority of his bike customers come from the military. Granted he also has everything from the local banker types to drive bys in his shop he's VERY busy all the time.

His business is http://www.chosincycles.com/ in AZ.

And yes I am connected with the guy we got the same mother.

In his current location I believe the majority of his bike customers come from the military. Granted he also has everything from the local banker types to drive bys in his shop he's VERY busy all the time.

Well that makes sense,a lot of single military guys with disposable income buy bikes and deck them out even if they don't know diddly about them.
Good for your bro keep'n busy,anyone make'n money in this economy is ahead of the game that's for sure.

First, to the OP..... I like the joke!! To Gearhound's comment..... AMEN!!

Granted, HD guys in general spend a lot on 'stuff'. I paid $27,000 for my first house back in about 1977. That's what I paid for my 2019 Street Glide Special. But, probably less than what I had tied up in my '01 Fatboy. That said, it doesn't compare to what I spent on nearly 20 years of payments to the 'ex' wife!!!

Y2keglide: Nice bike! I'm guessing you're over 225K by now? Just one question: How's that cam chest holding up?.........lol

If my nurse wife allowed me to ride a 2 wheeled organ donor ride this is the only harley id consider VROD

1697550408038.png

Back
Top Bottom