For You Tangential Arm Folks

Wow B-2!

G'DAY,
As one of those"tangential arm folks"(I own Yamaha PX-3,Yamaha PX-2 and a Technics SL-10),I'd love to hear that deck!It looks like Luxman really made an honest attempt at a decent linear tracker.Very nice indeed. :yes:
Off topic;B-2,my vfet amp is sounding real nice. :thmbsp:

I found one of those at a yardsale this past summer. It was a very nice table, I didn't use it much and woumd up trading it to a friend of mine. It tracked well but didn't seem that well built.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought these tables were called Linear trackers and not Tangential trackers. I thought tangential were like the Garrard zero 100 where the head shell pivoted to linear track, but the arm was pivot style.

X

And I always thought they were one and the same. The PX-101 worked exactly the same as a Technics Linear tracker I had...SQ-5 or something like that.

Believe that a 'linear tracking' TT/TA would be more accurate, but think we are probably past the point of retrieving that bit in the audio vernacular. Sort of like making a 'Xerox' rather than a copy.

Am quite surprised that no one has bid on the Luxman. Starting bid is only $99.99. That's a good number for a decent deck. Especially if you are anywhere near the seller.

Mike - How does that ST-5000FW look? Arrive in good shape?

Back
Top Bottom