Forced to choose 1 of each brand listed, Receiver, TT, Speakers

I'm not anti-nation, I lived in Japan for nine years and loved every minute of it, the people, the food, the bars, and just their way of life. I, among others, just don't care for Japanese speakers. Where did much of the vintage Marantz, McIntosh, Altec, JBL, etc. end up, in Japan, why? There are negative posts daily about current offshore manufacturers nobody calls that anti-nation.

Craig

People rag on BOSE, Buy Other Stereo Equipment, constantly is that anti-nation?

Last edited:
I'm not anti-nation, I lived in Japan for nine years and loved every minute of it, the people, the food, the bars, and just their way of life. I, among others, just don't care for Japanese speakers. Where did much of the vintage Marantz, McIntosh, Altec, JBL, etc. end up, in Japan, why? There are negative posts daily about current offshore manufacturers nobody calls that anti-nation.

Craig

People rag on BOSE, Buy Other Stereo Equipment, constantly is that anti-nation?

Of course they do but to make broad stroke swipes at a whole nation is incorrect. Stop it.

Ahem: FYI this is coming dangerously close to a thread crapping folks.

(In bold letters ~ taken from urbandictionary.com...)

Top definition
Thread Crapper:
A Thread Crapper is someone who
feels the need to spread their disdain for a topic on a message board, while adding nothing constructive to the conversation.
(Member 1) posts a message on an
art website for members to discuss their favorite works of Van Gogh.

(Member 2) Replies that they are fond of "Starry Night" and gives the reasons that they enjoy this painting.

(Member 3) says they are partial to "Wheat Field with Crows" and discusses the merits of the painting.

(Member 4) says they
hate Van Gogh because they think he's stupid. <---Thread Crapper

So,anyone who does'nt wanna play along w/this threads premise as outlined by the OP,they ought not crap on the thread just for the hell of it,lest he becomes the thread crapper.

And a thread crap is a thread crap,even if said thread crapper decides to later contribute to the given thread.
In that instance said thread crapper should've made his point 100% clear from the get-go.

Heck even this post could be seen as a thread crapping by some perspectives.

:thumbsdown:

So can we try to get things back on topic please,dont like the topic,dont have anything constructive to contribute,just dont post,it's a pretty basic concept really.

:dunno:

Bret P.

Last edited:
Ahem: FYI this is coming dangerously close to a thread crapping folks.

(In bold letters ~ taken from urbandictionary.com...)

Top definition
Thread Crapper:
A Thread Crapper is someone who
feels the need to spread their disdain for a topic on a message board, while adding nothing constructive to the conversation.
(Member 1) posts a message on an
art website for members to discuss their favorite works of Van Gogh.

(Member 2) Replies that they are fond of "Starry Night" and gives the reasons that they enjoy this painting.

(Member 3) says they are partial to "Wheat Field with Crows" and discusses the merits of the painting.

(Member 4) says they
hate Van Gogh because they think he's stupid. <---Thread Crapper

So,anyone who does'nt wanna play along w/this threads premise as outlined by the OP,they ought not crap on the thread just for the hell of it,lest he becomes the thread crapper.

And a thread crap is a thread crap,even if said thread crapper decides to later contribute to the given thread.
In that instance said thread crapper should've made his point 100% clear from the get-go.

Heck even this post could be seen as a thread crapping by some perspectives.

:thumbsdown:

So can we try to get things back on topic please,dont like the topic,dont have anything constructive to contribute,just dont post,it's a pretty basic concept really.

:dunno:

Bret P.

I would note the irony of your post, the content of which is doing exactly what you rant against. I would also note that you have not read all the posts in this thread. I was the first to answer and judging by the OP's likes was well within the bounds set by his opening post. Let's hope you didn't put a chill in this discussion and that this thread stays open.

Back
Top Bottom