Ford Brand Speakers??

Chazj

Hi folks -

For about 30 years now I've had a pair of speakers I was gifted from my neighbor. They are Ford brand. As in the car Ford. They're box speakers - nice old wooden cabinets with the Ford logo on the front. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about these. I haven't found anything out on the web about them and was just wondering if they're something unusual?

Charles

Pictures (back and front) would be helpful, especially with the grilles removed. Is it possible that the Ford logos were added afterwards by a Ford fanboy (I've seen worse)?

Pictures (back and front) would be helpful, especially with the grilles removed.

Indeed. It's going to be impossible to help you without pictures of the cabs and the naked fronts and back panels.

Welcome to AK, by the way!

GeeDeeEmm

If they were outdoor speakers they could be matched with this:

1*hpnk4mJqy7fVUVyPp6w43Q.jpeg

Eric

My guess is they will be Philco's and won't be great, but not terrible for consumer stuff of the time.

OK, ChazJ. You see the excesses to which our minds are leading us in the absence of pictures which could finally lend a bit more certitude to our current guessing game. Somewhere out there, somebody is - even as I type - constructing a joke about chrome grills and automatically-folding hard tops.

Only you can effect a rescue, and that by posting pictures of your Fords. In light of the urgency of the situation, I am inclined to issue what has become the choo-choo train of memes:

:needpics:

It is your civic and AK duty to waylay this carnage with great urgency! Grab that camera now, before it is too late!

GeeDeeEmm

Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone and Thomas Edison were camping buddies........so I'm not surprised to see a Ford camp stove.

Hi folks -

For about 30 years now I've had a pair of speakers I was gifted from my neighbor. They are Ford brand. As in the car Ford. They're box speakers - nice old wooden cabinets with the Ford logo on the front. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about these. I haven't found anything out on the web about them and was just wondering if they're something unusual?

Charles

Coolest Ford speakers :

upload_2017-11-8_6-12-29.png I'm not sure what the production date range is on these, but I think Ford bought Philco in 63-64 so these might be "Ford"

OR

upload_2017-11-8_6-19-39.png This incredibly rare Ford Paragon, Circa 1961. Many folks think JBL pioneered this beauty... but here it is sitting in a Ford showroom right next to the station-wagons.

OR

upload_2017-11-8_6-31-30.png The super rare Prototype Ford Taurus SHO- A5 Theater speakers... As far as I know, only one pair of these exist... but maybe you have another pair. I still remember the slogan : "Hear the bull by its horns" ... awww the good ole days...

I seem to recall getting FORD branded coaxial speakers and individual tweeters from Parts Express. They weren't generic junk. Ditto a Delco (GM) "plate pair" of speakers meant to replace 6x9 coaxials. They were a nice woofer with a separate dome tweeter and crossover. Really nice though odd impedance , 10 ohms.

Coolest Ford speakers :

View attachment 1041359 I'm not sure what the production date range is on these, but I think Ford bought Philco in 63-64 so these might be "Ford"

OR

View attachment 1041362 This incredibly rare Ford Paragon, Circa 1961. Many folks think JBL pioneered this beauty... but here it is sitting in a Ford showroom right next to the station-wagons.

OR

View attachment 1041368 The super rare Prototype Ford Taurus SHO- A5 Theater speakers... As far as I know, only one pair of these exist... but maybe you have another pair. I still remember the slogan : "Hear the bull by its horns" ... awww the good ole days...
No Edsel Thruster's ?

Coolest Ford speakers :

View attachment 1041359 I'm not sure what the production date range is on these, but I think Ford bought Philco in 63-64 so these might be "Ford"

OR

View attachment 1041362 This incredibly rare Ford Paragon, Circa 1961. Many folks think JBL pioneered this beauty... but here it is sitting in a Ford showroom right next to the station-wagons.

OR

View attachment 1041368 The super rare Prototype Ford Taurus SHO- A5 Theater speakers... As far as I know, only one pair of these exist... but maybe you have another pair. I still remember the slogan : "Hear the bull by its horns" ... awww the good ole days...

At least the bottom 2 photos have been doctored up. Especially the perfectly rectangular Ford sign on the curved front of the JBL Paragon.

Back
Top Bottom