former Sony tech

Hello Kcvet.... I'm from Japan. Members here are so kind as to educate me on audio and the English language. I've ever worked for a Sony's subsidiary comany doing music soft sales. Among Japanese techs, it is well known Sony's employees are highly paid. I know Sony's union isn't listed on the electric industry's union league of Japan. Then do you know the term 'Sony Timer' famous in Japan?

Last edited:
My only experience with sony is the older TA-1066 and TA-1055, and I dig em.
Welcome kcvet.

Hello Kecet.... I'm from Japan. Members here are so kind as to educate me on audio and the English language. I've ever worked for a Sony's subsidiary comany doing music soft sales. Among Japanese techs, it is well known Sony's employees are highly paid. I know Sony's union doesn't listed on electric-related industry's union league list of Japan. Then do you know the term 'Sony Timer' famous in Japan?

I worked with a lot of Japanese here in the states. techs and engineers. tech support, both American and Japanese visited the service center I worked in.
one of our techs was from northern japan. his name was Suto. he and I went on a lot of training trips together. when I was hired this guy ran the corp

49d771a88da0cb75dd51f110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I met him at a formal corp party in park ridge NJ many years ago. an amazing man. he built Sony out of the rubble of WW2

it is well known Sony's employees are highly paid

depended on your skill level

Then do you know the term 'Sony Timer' famous in Japan?

no. but your going to tell me right??

Welcome to AK! Here's my first Sony that I'm really fond of:

f0018137_4c88d6112133d.jpg

And I wish I could grab a Sony SCD soon!

Morita was a tech, wasn't he? Some Japanese consumers claim cheaply-priced Sony products easily have troubles, and that it takes place when the warranty period has just expired. I don't think it happens as to products for export, otherwise they would loose their reputation world-wide. Pro-use gears are also recognized excellent, their prices are extremely high though. There are some who say "I stay away from inexpnsive SONY's=SONY TIMER". I came to learn electronic equipment are so designed that it will NOT have a long life span, due to the exhausted components for example. I know those days when Japanese products were assumed as cheap and easy to break......He devoted his life to overcomming this belief in US.

Last edited:
Morita was a tech, wasn't he? Some Japanese consumers claim cheaply-priced Sony products easily have troubles, and that it takes place when the warranty period has just expired. I don't think it happens as to products for export, otherwise they will loose their reputation world-wide. Pro-use gears are also recognized excellent, their prices are extremely high though. There are some who say "I stay away from inexpnsive SONY's=SONY TIMER". I came to learn electronic equipment are so designed that it will NOT have a long life span, due to the aging of components. I know the days when Japanese products were assumed as cheap and easy to break......He devoted himself to overcomming this belief in US.

It has been my experience that the things that usually wear out are mechanical, not electronic. Controls, motors plastic front panels where the buttons are part of the panel and attached by a thin piece of plastic that is only meant to be flexed a certain amount of times. Recently laser pickups do not last as long as they did 10 years ago. Often they fail just out of warranty.

Sony extended these just out of warranty problems. all corps did. we got first crack at repairing them first. but only a limited amount of time. then they repalced it.

Morita was a service tech

Welcome! You'll be hearing from me at some point about a STR-7800 at some point....:smoke:

But rather than overwhelm you with tech questions, let me say I own pieces from a TA-2000 and STC-7000 to more or less new CDP's, and enjoy them all....

Sony extended these just out of warranty problems. all corps did. we got first crack at repairing them first. but only a limited amount of time. then they repalced it.

Morita was a service tech

Yep, I concur, Sony was very good about many of these problems. Not all companies did.

Welcome! Might you have knowledge of the ta-3650 integrated? Mine has a gain issue I've been wording on for a while.

to slow.........to fast...........or both???

Wobbly. The strobe "cogs" a bit when it's running. I've tried a replacement motor with no change, I never have gotten around to testing the various motor drive leads to figure out which one is causing the problem. This thing was blasted, I had to replace almost everything on the PS board just to get it running.

Back
Top Bottom