Forte ii "decorater series"...???

Bob Crites has published response measurements of his ti diaphragms (which I prefer to the factory ones) They don't roll off so perhaps you had phase issues and connected them incorrectly. I have used a good number of Bob's ti tweeter diaphragms in Heresy3 Forte ll and KLF20 all showed much improvement with the ti diaphragms installed. I do know that some people are sensitive to titanium diaphragm break up mode which around 8KHz. and they simply cannot listen to them. Fortunately it is a small percentage of people but it is a deal breaker for those folks. Point is that rolled off response is not a complaint which is encountered much so I would be suspicious of the phase and how the diaphragms were connected.

You might want to read on his site!

Best-

Boozehound

Quote from Bob's site:
"a new titanium diaphragm. For every case, the titanium is better. Smoother in response and extends much higher. The titanium diaphragms are very flat in frequency response all the way out to beyond 20khz."
You had said "The ti tweet is just more rolled/off." I did not find this to be the case at all rather I found the ti tweeter more extended and smoother than the stock phenolic tweeter diaphragm (this was experienced in three different loudspeaker models and in multiple sets of those speakers). The ti diaphragm is also capable of playing louder than the stock phenolic unit. Klipsch use this ti unit in a number of new speaker model tweeters including the Heresy 3 the Cornwall 3 and the Forte 3 as well as some pro units. It clearly performs at a higher level than does the phenolic diaphragm.
I am not saying ti is better than phenolic just that the new ti diaphragm is better than the old stock phenolic. This of course has to be taken in context as there are people who simply cannot tolerate the sound of a ti diaphragm breaking up but that does not seem too be your complaint. I would myself prefer an aluminum diaphragm over a titanium one but those are not available so second best will do.

Back
Top Bottom