Fortuitous Skips

judsonw

Inspired by a post in a thread in the turntable section, I remembered an instance where an album of mine skipped in a way that worked out well (other than it was skipping which is annoying). As such, I wanted to start a thread where people can post instances where that 1.8 second skip (for 33 1/3 rpm) was perfect in its effect, either for comedy or other ways.

The album in question for me was "An Evening with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer". It was a track where Neil Gaiman was reciting his short story "My Last Landlady". There is a portion where he tells the Landlady he is moving out and she give him some alcohol and tries to seduce him to... well, I do not want to spoil the story. The segment should be:

"A week past and it was time, I told my landlady I’d found a place and would be moving on and paid the rent. That night she gave me a glass of whiskey. And then another. And said I had always been her favourite."

But with the skip, it became "A week past and it was time, I told my landlady I’d found a place and would be moving on and paid the rent. That night she gave me a glass of whiskey. And then another whiskey. And then another whiskey. And then another whiskey. And then another whiskey...." and so on.

Anyone else have examples where the skip was perfect?

I had an old James Gang 'Yer Album' LP which had sayings in both sides run out grooves.

One side said, "Turn me over, turn me over, turn me over."

Side two said, "Play me again, play me again, play me again."

Back
Top Bottom