Found a cool, detailed repair service site

I read his/their writeup concerning repairing a Yamaha M-70 amp. Good photos and a few tips that I found useful when repairing my M-70. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
James

I read through the Marantz 2270.
He made a typo on the Phono board rebuild. The VD1212 should be replaced by 2x 1n4148 in series. I’m sure that’s what he meant and did.

I read through the Marantz 2270.
He made a typo on the Phono board rebuild. The VD1212 should be replaced by 2x 1n4148 in series. I’m sure that’s what he meant and did.

I liked that it, one of the few where he put the repair cost into the conclusion. $600 for the entire recap/light/tuning. Seemed pricey, but if the person keeps it for another 40 years, well worth it!

I liked that it, one of the few where he put the repair cost into the conclusion. $600 for the entire recap/light/tuning. Seemed pricey, but if the person keeps it for another 40 years, well worth it!

Nope, that's a very reasonable price.
It's a lot of labor to completely recap and adjust a receiver.
A lot of labor.

Nope, that's a very reasonable price.
It's a lot of labor to completely recap and adjust a receiver.
A lot of labor.

I hear you, when I got the old Scott receiver in my avatar I wanted it gone thru and I did something's to it by a shop. Just the checks to the tuner section in the service manual is like ten pages with a ton of tests to perform that would take a considerable amount of time to do. Just checking the tuner section by the book would be a few hours of labor at a shop alone.

I don't think anyone actually mentioned using their services. Have you? Was there an issue?
No not personally. A friend asked me to look at a unit Rain City "serviced" because the unit has some issues. I will go in details at some other time but for now I can share with you and others that the guy is reckless and I strongly suggest to you or anyone else not to take your electronics to Rain City Audio.

Back
Top Bottom