Found a hoard of Sherwood and Bozak, plus another major score

Audio Fan

YT Channel - https://tinyurl.com/29zytwu9
Been a heck of a few weeks around here. So much so, I am starting to feel like a hoarder myself.

First score, I found a CL ad that just says stereo for sale, amp, pre-amp, speakers, $200 obo. Not thinking it would be much, I send a note asking for more details and get back a response that basically says it is some old stereo components they got from a relative, a B&K PT3 preamp, B&K Reference 2220 amp and a set of B&W 803! Needless to say, I quickly tell them I am on my way.

Sad shot of them in my crowded office, for now.
IMG_0340.jpg

Before I can even get the B&W's setup, I find a similarly vague ad that is mostly trying to sell items at an estate and barely mentions some old stereo items among a hoard of boat motors and other stuff. In this case, it is not an estate sale company, just an individual and I have to meet him at a location, then follow him to the house. I had no idea where we were going, went down into the forest for quite a ways, then finally end up at a house on a lake with multiple out buildings. Seems the husband passed at some point and he used to own an electronics store, not sure when, I got the impression the early 60's, but this gear does not seem to be left over inventory, or at least, I hope not given much of it is in really bad shape. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Below is the first thing I am shown. Side room of one of the outbuildings, damn wasps were everywhere. I figured out where Sherwoods went to die.
IMG_0349.jpg

I am then taken into the house for a lot more gear, but in better shape. A group shot of the gear lined up before I started loading it. Mostly Sherwood, but some interesting McIntosh, Pilot mono blocks, etc.
IMG_0351.jpg

Could not get several things in my truck, like the Fisher console below and a set of Bozak B-4005 Century.
IMG_0354.jpg

One out building had fallen into decay, the floor was caving in and I could not make out what kind of speakers are in there. I walked the planks and flashed a light in the back, looked like some University drivers, but the mouse nests almost filled the inside from so many years of exposure.
IMG_0357.jpg

Some close ups of the better pieces.

Pilot AA-902
IMG_0359.jpg

McIntosh C-20
IMG_0361.jpg

2 McIntosh Record Compensators C-8, one with box
IMG_0365.jpg

Sherwood Multiplex
IMG_0364.jpg

Scott Multiplex
IMG_0366.jpg

One of 5 Sherwood amps
IMG_0369.jpg

Bozak CMA-2-50 A, I assume a PA amp (funny label designates it underwater speakers)
IMG_0374.jpg

One of a ton of tuners.
IMG_0378.jpg

Set of unused speaker kits
IMG_0380.jpg

Wow! :banana: Thanks for the pictures. Congratulations! Remember, you can rent a bigger truck! :)

No, this was two separate transactions back to back. The $200 score was for the B&K and B&W gear, relaying the price because that is what was advertised. The rest is a separate transaction, a score, but not going to confirm the amount paid as that was a private negotiation.

Fun stuff! Thanks for taking the time to post all the photos.

What's inside that AR 1? Not an expert by any means, but as I recall, if there's an Altec/Western Electric 755A in there, you're talking major $$$.

If I brought that home my wife would be having a major fit, even at that price.
Hmmm, sounds like the makings of an experiment.
I will have to try it some day, if I were so lucky. :)

Great score. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom